1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News FragDolls strut into the UK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 6 Sep 2005.

1. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

My GOD....this topic appears to have been murdered at least 10 or 15 times.

2. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Eh? Clarification, please? Not sure I understand you.

3. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

After a re-read, I decided that I'm not sure if I understand me either.

4. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Haha....well, thanks for that, then, -Xp-. ;) Your contribution was amazing. We'll just assume it was too deep to fathom normally, eh?

5. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Yeah, that's pretty much it :D

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Very cool. And very short --Fragdolls would pwn Bit's ass. I'd love to watch it though, just for the experience.

OK, let me analyse. What you are basically expressing is a perceptual bias based on the interpretation of emotionally valent information from a pre-existing cognitive construct, the imposition of which inevitably leads to a cognitive distortion which serves as a subjective reinforcement of an a priori deep-seated core belief, rather than based on an objective rational processing of information as present in your here-and-now experiential framework. Am I right? :p

In short: you read what you expected to read, because you know from subjective experience that gamer girls are often given a bit of a hard time.

You are, of course, not entirely wrong in this; even in this thread I sensed a fair bit of initial ambivalence. The problem is that for gamer boys it is really hard to reconcile the two apparently dichotomous opposite constructs of attractive feminine girl with hardened geek gamer who totally pwns your ass in CS:Source. Lot's of male ego and competitiveness involved, you see? Sources of identity and self-esteem... very threatening.

The resolution of this cognitive (and emotional!) tension is of course to create an entirely new cognitive construct in which a girl can be both attractive, feminine, intelligent and pwn your ass in CS:Source. But that requires a disentanglement of male ego from the equation: to see that you can relate and compete on a level where gender is not an issue. And that is rather hard because men have always been in the business of competing with other men and impressing girls. To find yourself competing with a girl, or (gasp) relating to her as an equal in the game (whether literally or as a figure of speech) instead of impressing her requires, well, a fair bit of being secure in your self-esteem and male identity.

And that's what you tried to say, right, -XP- ? :D

7. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

At CS:S? I think you underestimate how good our players can actually be Nexxo. ;) no amount of eyelash fluttering will stop me headshotting them right off... :p

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

QED. :D

9. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Fly, that just got quoted. :)

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Why not :D

11. KittFDUK

KittFDUK Frag Doll UK

Yeah, what Nexxo said.

Anyway my site just launched! Yay!

Frag Dolls site

12. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Not really, what I actually meant was that I was finding it hard to keep track of the thread since the topic of discussion changed rather rapidly, making my usual skim-reading of the topic more difficult than usual.

13. KittFDUK

KittFDUK Frag Doll UK

Go look. Quick, quick!

14. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Look at what? The site? I've already looked at the site!

15. Fly

Code:
    Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time. 

Reason: 
     The Websense category "Games" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL: 
     [url]http://www.fragdolls.com/uk/[/url]

Your site got owned by Websense... :geek:

16. KittFDUK

KittFDUK Frag Doll UK

Do you mean you can't get in? I can.

17. Fly

Websense is filtering software to stop employees from wasting time looking at certain websites. NATS blocks access to gaming sites as part of the filtering policy, hence the block page. I'll try at home tomorrow morning...

18. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Haha...now we're not even just switching topics, we've got multiples going at once. :) I pity anyone who wanted to join in this discussion and has to read through it now.

By the way, Kitt, I'll have to check your site when I get home! Way to get busted by websense within a couple hours, though.

19. KittFDUK

KittFDUK Frag Doll UK

Wasting time! I'm insulted.

*throws enormous huff with websense*

20. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

I recently tried to get my GF into games by forcing her to watch me play CS:S and then suggesting we took it in turns to play rounds... I thought it may be pretty fun and mean I can get away with wasting even more hours of game playing but I was wrong, she has taken over my computer and now I'm the one moaning at her!

I wanna go back to the good ol' days where I played the games!!!!!

Tags: Add Tags