1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Freddy Krueger's Glove

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by The_Jonas, 14 Jun 2010.

1. The_Jonas

The_Jonas \m/

Seeing as that guy could post his project here I was hoping I could too, if not, please don't flame me, just get someone to move this to the right place... Or remove it...
    Anyway, I was hoping you guys might like it (and this being the first thread I start might not be such a great idea, although I must say the project is great)
    About my computer, I'll get started on that in Fall, as soon as I get my new casing I've been waiting for... And I'll put those pictures up then :D

THE GLOVE, everyone's heard of it, and now with the remake of the original (I think because I couldn't really be bothered to check out any of them), my friend decided we should make a replica, with a few original touches to the whole thing because of certain limitations.

Sharif (my friend) was the driving force behind the whole project and supplied us with most parts.
    The basic ingredients so far include:
    -A rod from a mob (which Sharif took from his mom without asking persmission :S)
    -Knives from our sponsors
    -An aluminum plate
    -Guitar string (this is when we started improvising)

A bit about ourselves;
    Sharif; awesome, friendly, neat, guy. Sharif's a true friend, a brother, really. He studies Civil Engineering (hardly any mechanical background :eeek: )
    Me; Jonas. I can't describe myself... So I might have Sharif edit this post later... I study Mathematics, and this is my first real encounter with Mechanical Engineering... :jawdrop:
    Ah, we study in the United Arab Emirates at the American University of Sharjah;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enough about university, back to the project...
    The rod we started working with would be the base for the fingers;
    [​IMG]
    We decided to cut these up using a saw, and then cut them open so we could stretch them open a bit;
    [​IMG]
    We first grinded a bit away, trying to shape the fingers a little, however that didn't help for later...
    [​IMG]
    Then we went partying with friends and got pretty drunk;
    [​IMG]
    We decided there had to be a better way to shape the fingerpieces and settled for cutters;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Eight times later;
    [​IMG]
    Sharif grinding ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A bit of grading later (I am a math grader...)
    [​IMG]
    Add a couple of knives and stone pedestal grinder later:
    [​IMG]
    This is after we removed some paint by grinding (again!) and the plate after we cut it and shaped it a bit:
    [​IMG]
    I just love assembling it and checking out our progress:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here's a close up of the finger hooks:
    [​IMG]
    and another one
    [​IMG]
    We kinda screwed up one knife...
    [​IMG]
    So we made it into a throwing knife and took another one from our sponsor :p
    We burnt finished welding on more of the rings but screwed up three of them, one burned through, the other two had hooking rings positioned too close for the glove to be able to bend. this was when Sharif said "let's go grind"... :naughty:
    So we had to redo this;
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Sharif painted the plate and the bottom parts of the fingers at home, meanwhile we also drilled holes into the plate and fingers for the rivets we are still trying to find, he decided we should fasten the parts of the finger to each other using guitar string for several reasons. this will be done later...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Close up of the attachment holes;
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The gold one is the one closes to the hand itself, where as the unfinished ones need to have the knives welded onto them, the gold ones fit over the other ones.
    Now it was time to remake a knife/fingernail...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Grinding ;)
    More grinding, the sparks are flying off :D
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Next, we welded on the knives, it all looked pretty much like this:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a finished shot:
    [​IMG]
    All parts aligned:
    [​IMG]
    And now to finish it off our current standing;
    [​IMG]
    Hope you guys enjoyed it so far :D
    We've still got a few steps left...
    :dremel:
    PS: please don't flame for putting this where it doesn't belong, I just saw someone put their motorcycle one piece jacket and thought I could put this glove here too... Bear in mind these pics took a lot of time to post up here... Thanks...

Last edited: 14 Jun 2010
  2. Remmes

Remmes Be One With Your Mod

looks, freeky o_O

but i think it should be here:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2

"Note: Project Logs are for PC projects only. Decorating a room, doing a computer desk - these aren't Project Logs, and threads should be posted either in the Modding forum or General Discussion."