1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu shipped 10 million faulty drives

Discussion in 'Serious' started by GreatOldOne, 18 Sep 2002.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

"A REPORT IN JAPANESE newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun on Friday claimed that Fujitsu is to recall 10 million hard drives costing the firm more than ¥10 billion."

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5399

One word - Oops!:lol:

2. quack

quack Minimodder

Although it's a drive unrelated to those that are failing, but I had a Fujitsu die on me yesterday. It was built in 1997 (way before the ones mentioned in the story) and I'm pretty sure it died due to the heat it was generating (and from the CDROM drive just below it) which is one of the main causes of the failures in the new drives.

I replaced it with an even older drive, this time a Seagate. Let's hope it lasts more than a week :lol:

3. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Unfortunately we use Fujitsus at my work and so far we have had over 40 fail in the last 5 weeks alone, and that's just in our department, the main IT Centre has had over 100 fail on them.
    What a nightmare!

4. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

Exactly Lord A, my school has them and we have had to replace about 75-125 of them. So basically that means A. The company that built all the computers as to honor our warrenty. B. I get to ghost them all back to their original installs.

Behold the wonders of Ghost.

What a waste of hard drives though.

5. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Can anyone discern how long the warranty was for the HDs? 1yr, 3yr, something else?