1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full build computers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CellDamage, 22 Jul 2006.

1. CellDamage

CellDamage What's a Dremel?

Hey,

Looking for a little advice here, going to uni in september and looking for a new computer (as this one is staying at home). Going to be spending about £800 all in (tower, monitor etc) but no printers or any bundled crap thanks.

I dont want to do another custom build, would prefer the simplicity of getting someone else to do it, cos i'm lazy (i'm a student!!) so what do you guys reckon is the best oppurtunities out there at the moment? Any reccomendations of brands, etc? (no HP, Packard Bell.. thanks..)

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is in the wrong area.

J

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

If you don't want to do it yourself then Dell are probably some of the best units out there for value and support.

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Scan can build you a nice system for that kind of money. They do all kinds of finance options, and have decent warranties.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'd avoid Dell unless it's one of the cheapest systems they have (those $300 things), just about anywhere else will provide you a value. I've heard their CS has really gone down the crapper recently. And by recently, I mean the day they started outsourcing (back when I had one a few years back, they hadn't yet, and it was a pretty good experience).