1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Future of PC gaming?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by malccy72, 21 May 2005.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

well using the default controlls.. (keyboard/mouse for pc, "game pad" for consoles) PC is best for FPS, RPG, Third person shooters, puzzle games? and the consoles are better for driving, flying, puzzles aswell

2. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

I prefer PC games in FPS style games etc, but for instance mario games, zelda, all those platformy games just feel nicer on a console. That, and with a console you don't have to set the game to your hardware's capabilities, or worry about squeezing more frames per second, out, you can just pop in the disc and play your game. That, tbh, does sound appealing.

3. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

meh... screw it... I aint paying more for a pc when i can get a ps3 for less than £500 and then put linux on it when its all figured out...

I'm just looking forward to killzone 2... sweet jesus titty****ing them graphics are mighty fine... I've picked up the redneck accent this week even though I'm British. weird...

4. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

On thursday I played some xbox and PS2 (first time in my life) and you know what.... It sucks!! If you would add high res monitor then maybe it could compete, but on regular TV you can't see nothing especially when you're playing split screen. Although I agree that console controller could posibbly be better for "driving, flying, puzzles" I will not spend $450 for PS3 nor $360 for xbox just to play those games. Also in order to enjoy the next generation consoles, regular TV screens will not be enaugh thus many will buy LVD/plasma TV's thus boosting the price of the console + good screen really close to PC prices.

Tags: