1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Game Development

Discussion in 'Software' started by yakyb, 6 May 2011.

1. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Anyone else here develop games either professionally or in their own time

I have been learning XNA this last month and having great fun with it

I have a blog up and will link to it when it is more substantial

Im currently Writing a Single player Eve type game

any one else writing anything?

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Yes, on iOS but I'm saying nuffin'

3. Pieface

Pieface Well-Known Member

You're writing X3?

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Can't save that I've even looked at doing anything with XNA, I may have a play with it at some point but I'm already spreading myself across enough development systems (mostly just for software purposes).

I've played around with game programming for a couple of years now, mostly done Python based coding with pre-generated engines... I've recently moved up to programming in C++ and have been playing with the latest Unreal Development Kit a fair bit, just keeping my knowledge up-to-date really.

No real full-game projects to speak of as yet; I'm not really rushing to create anything specific until I get to dabble with the CryEngine 3 SDK when it is released to the public around August time.
    When that is released, I might try implement one of the little projects I've had sitting in my note books for a bit of dedicated fun/work. I couldn't see myself going into the field as a professional though, it seems like it would be too stressful and demanding for me (not to mention my severe lack of official qualifications).