1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games stuttering

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ch33sefiend, 15 Jul 2013.

1. Ch33sefiend

Ch33sefiend What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with games: around every 10 minutes any game I'm playing will pause for a fraction of a second then continue on again.

I would have originally attributed this to a slow / non-defragged PC but I have a SSD storage and my PC specs are above average (below).

Windows 7 64bit;
    i5 Quad-core overclocked to 4.5;
    16 gig ram
    Onboard sound.

I've read on some other forums that the sound is the issue and that I need to disable sound effects such as "room fill" etc. inside Windows. However, this has not resolved the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Which SSD do you have, I used to get this.

It was a 128gb Crucial C300 and the problem only went away when I updated the firmware before giving it to my daughter for her pc (she already had my old mobo and cpu so basically the same system).

3. Ch33sefiend

Right on the nose. Thanks for that! I'll update my firmware over the weekend I think and see if that resolves it.

Thanks again :)

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

So you have a c300?

Don't forget I think the firmware update is destructive so you will need to reinstall windows (I'm pretty sure thats the case but you may want to check)

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

FYI, you could make a image of the drive before the FW update, Saves having to reinstall.

6. Ch33sefiend

Yes, I have a c300. Thanks for the heads-up Crapbag, never realised firmware did that (done it previously on other hdd's).

Looks like I'll be spending a whole day on this thing over the weekend....

Thanks again! :)

7. Ch33sefiend

Yeah, I thought of that Corky42, but to be honest I don't mind re-installing as it gives me a chance to have a clear out :)