1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gaming mice shoot-up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

W00t first commenter and possibly first reader! Anyway, good article. I might buy a DeathAdder myself at some stage, but I don't like the fact that the top part curves so high. If they could make a mouse that was flatter, and less curved, my fingers would be happy. Smaller companies are getting much better these days when it comes to mice :)

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yeah, we love the Deathadder in the office and I've had to fight to keep hold of the one we were sent. Looking side on the top does look quite high, but tbh when you're using it it isn't noticeable as it slots comfortably into the palm.

4. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I have a Deathadder. Awesome mouse. Before it I had a Copperhead, yet it started to fail. No problem as Razer has a 2 year warranty and replaced it. I then upgraded to the Deathadder, it is on the pricey side but no other mouse I've ever used comes close to it. Well worth the price IMHO.

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

does it beat a G5 tho? the only thing a G5 misses AFAIK is a secondary thumb button

edit just checked they have now added a 2nd one on it

6. CardJoe

I use a G7 at home (poncing about with weights inside a G5 seems silly to me, besides the G7 is a perfect weight) and yeah I have to say I miss a secondary thumb button on that. I also prefer the G7 lookswise to the Razer somehow, mainly because it goes well with my G15 keyboard.

If only the Deathadder was wireless...

7. lamboman

Yeah, they addedd the second on for Rev. 2 with that horrible art. :waah:

8. lamboman

Is it bulky, like an MX1000? I like mouse with my fingers. I might just go for a Diamondback.

9. CardJoe

Depends what you mean by bulky, as i'm not a fingertip gamer (my, how that could be interpretted!) I kind of like how bulky it is. Which isn't to say it's too bulky for fingertip users. I don't *think* it would be too massive, but it was definitely built with palm geeks in mind.

One of the good things about the Razer is that the buttons are responsive from fairly far back too, meaning you can have your fingertips back behind the scrollwheel a fair bit and still easily use the buttons.

That said I traditionally haven't liked Razer, as I said in the article, because I generally find them too flat for me - so theres bound to be a Razer for you!

10. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

I'm liking the more regular inclusion of group tests onto the site. Would've been nice to see the Razer DeathAdder compared to the Logitech G5 (arguably the best gaming mouse around at the moment) which is around the £40 mark, too.

11. Luukas

Luukas What's a Dremel?

12. Tim S

Tim S OG

13. vts

vts What's a Dremel?

14. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Wouldnt say this is quite true, most CS players i know who play in competitive tournaments both online and LANs either use the original Microsoft intelli mouse explorer 3.0 or the new one, also find this applys to other games I occasionally play such as BF2, UT, Q3 etc. I myself had a logitech mx 518 found it horrible sold it and went back to my intelli.

Still the best mouse ever designed imo

15. Robotrix

Robotrix What's a Dremel?

You should of had the Razer Habu in there. I love that mouse.

16. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

you guys could have included the G5 just for comparison's sake. It stands out as a really major flaw in the article that one of the two major gaming mice is there but the other isn't.

17. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Too bad I'm a leftie. I'd be tempted to mod a Deathadder or Habu to work for me but I'm a bit terrified of ruining a mouse that expensive.
    (Just almost ruined my current mouse by trying to change the led. All worked fine until I tried to clip off the excess leads from the led; A part of the circuit tore right off. After some frantic soldering it now works again but I don't dare touch it before I get a backup.)

18. identikit

identikit Minimodder

IIRC my old Copperhead was ambi, it had 2 thumb buttons on the other side.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've got an MX resalution, and after testing out some of the mice you've got there ( i went into a big shop in Den Haag), the MX was by far the nicest.

My advice, save up and get an MX.

20. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

The Copperhead is a little nicer than the Diamondback but not quite as flat. The difference is minuscule bit I did feel it at first.

I know exactly what you mean. I too have looked at modding several gaming mice but even if I did it without wrecking anything it might end up having to be bulkier - it's almost like trying to mod a laptop. :waah:

As far as I know the Copperhead is the best gaming mouse that lefties can use - but It's still NOT a lefty mouse. :sigh:

Tags: Add Tags