1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming peripherals roundup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 22 Dec 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Ok. Who's the offender for the Chavy white trainers then? :p

3. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

wheres the logitech G25 wheel?

6 speed shifter, accelerator brake and clutch pedals and proper 720 degree rotation w/ force feed back

if you are serious about racing games.... GTR2 + the G25 is surely THE combo to have

4. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Ditto.

I'd love to have one myself, but its £175! :jawdrop:

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The feedback from the logitech drive fx is really horrible, it feels more like the wheel is broken than actually giving you a nice feeling of resistance in corners.

6. gpw111

gpw111 What's a Dremel?

Damn straight (couldva sworn it was 900 degrees! :p ). I'm planning on getting the G25 once Dabs gets it in stock. Hand stitched leather grip :D Heel-toe here i come!

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

IMHO no "gamer" keyboard review is complete without mentioning how many simultaneous key presses the board can handle.

I have an earlier Saitek "gamer" keyboard & frankly I think it sucks because I can only press about 3 (maybe 4) keys at a time - I usually use 3 to 4, often 5, and sometimes up to 6 keys at once.

What I'm eagerly awaiting is the Tarantula keyboard from Razer. (if only it was a little more compact)

The Evo rocks but mostly because it's one of the few, if not the only, decent lefty friendly sticks available.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I prefer the Logitech stick over the cyborg, but now I'm playing 2142 instead of BF2 I now have absolutely no use for it at all. I do like there not being plane whores but I've only just got the damn thing :p

9. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Are you sure it's LED and not LCD?

10. IccleD

IccleD What's a Dremel?

I've been looking into getting the G15 for a while, and summming up the pros & cons. Yes it's to play WoW, at the moment I use a Microsoft Strategic Commander, but that need the use of Shift+Ctrl buttons on it to give more then 6 buttons at a time. I figure the G15 with all the keys available at once is for better.

I'd also like to mention a very good friend of mine, that spent £60+ on a set of Programmable USB Foot (3)Pedals to use with WoW. He Duel Boxes (plays 2 at the same time) and set them up to act as Healing spells. So he can concentrate on the first Toon, and just use his feet to heal with the second. A cracking idea, if a little expensive, but shows that Driving games aren't the only uses.

Finally, Having played BF2142 via JoySTICK, it's so much more fun flying the aircraft than using the W.A.S.D Keys. Sux when in FPS Mode, but for flying, it's untouchable!

11. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

The saitek keyboard looks nice, but it doesnt include all the "quick launch" buttons, that i think i may have finnally found a true use for. :eeek: :jawdrop:

And wow that G25 wheel is expensive, are there many games that make use of the clutch and those that do does it work properly like can you stall it and mash the gears if you dont use it

12. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

ooh that xbox wheel is nice, but like you say its wasted, well until forza and gtr come out anyway

13. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Steering wheels are a great idea, saves you like getting really sore thumb joints!, I have the old saitek keyboard and its beautiful, very good kickback on the keys for typing,

14. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I tend to have a little program called G15 Teamspeak by Schmads running on my G15 LCD, that way I know who's voice I'm hearing at any given time. (Ventrillo [boo!] beta also has similar functionality, though its not nearly as well done)

I probably use the clock panel more than any other when I'm not on voice coms, though the FRAPS frame rate graph is handy too.

Also, G15 is legal with EVE since it only allows keyboard macros (and I can attest, warp scrambler + webber + guns on one key is nice .. has allowed me to make scrambled egg quite a few times :D)

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not an exhuastive test, just a roundup of what we were sent.

16. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

got the wireless and the vibration version of the Saitek Cyborg Evo, and I've got to say that its one of the best joysticks i've ever had. Sure, it doesnt beat the feel and performance of the 100 quid ones, but its still really good :)

17. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

OK, just played with the official xbox wheel and I have to say it is 4000x better than the logitech wheel. It feels perfect, the feedback from cornering is amazing. BUY IT!

18. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

I Have A G15 & Love It!!!

I have a logitech G15 and have had it for some months now, I bought it for a brilliant £45 from my small local independant computer shop, It is slightly overkill, but it saves so much time even if u have your email in as a macro, or google with the enter stored ect....The LCD is pointless really and the novelty wares off quick but is good for a media display (i.e. song information from mp3)....can be closed in a clam style anyway....backlit keys are a must for gamers on late night sessions.....

I am as dissapointed as u are about the wires on the 360 racing wheel (I mean power lead and one to the pedals, is hardly wireless), that has been crossed off my cool list.....MERRY CHRISTMAS BIT-TECH & A HAPPY NEW YEAR

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yes, this keyboard is fantastic, im not a heavy gamer, and i have yet to crash myself out of the game yet, the wee screen is neat, with a countdown time which is handy when playing C&C Generals Zero Hour online "No rush 10mins" i can time it to the second :D it is fairly bulky but that cant always be helped, often bigger is better :naughty:
    I like the fact someone got band for playing wow with this keyboard, tbh i dont play the game, but its being smart, using your initiative, anyway, cheers for the round up

Sam

20. Enforcer

Enforcer What's a Dremel?

in response to the banning of a WoW player for use of the g15 marco

I e-mailed blizz to confirm that use of the g15 is acceptable and they said yes.

My E-mail:

Hi,

I'm going to be building a new computer next month, and will be purchasing a new keyboard and mouse.
    I'm looking towards the Logitech G15 keyboard and the G5 mouse.

A few months ago I noticed someone got banned for using the keyboard due to the programmable key!

Is this true?

And if not, will it be ok to use the G key's for programming spell casting? And are you guys supporting the LCD use for WoW?

Thanks,

Their response was that ( srry i dont have their response e-mail because im an idiot and trashed it after i found out i could use it)

G15 support was added as of WoW patch 1.11
    The LCD is Fully supported on the G15
    and the Macro keys are allowed

nice read here( http://tobolds.blogspot.com/2006/08/logitech-g15-keyboard-for-wow.html )

I for one will be buying this

Tags: Add Tags