1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Gaming Speakers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iddqd, 27 Mar 2008.

1. iddqd

iddqd Minimodder

So it's been a while since I invested in some gaming speakers, and while I WANT new speakers, I don't need them.

That said, the last set I bought were the venerable Z680s. To this day, I am blown away by how much bass comes out of this subwoofer, the clarity that I hear from the mids and highs, and the flexibility the speakers have in their dynamic range.

What are the high end speakers? Last I checked, it was the 5500s or the Gigaworks.

2. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Z5500 digital.. Can be amazingly loud..
    And they sound nice for the price...

3. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Z550s. But, I doubt you will need them, they won't be a huge amount better than the Z680s you have now.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I don't think either the Z5500s are the S750s would be worth it over the Z680s. The Klipsch 5.1 set it meant to be good tool, but again I'm not sure if you're going to see vast improvements over Z680s. You could always go for AV stuff though. If you're willing to buy second hand you could put a full 5.1 setup together for not much more than the Z5500s.

5. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

gigaworks are amazing, but the amp on them dies every year... or at least mine do.. been through 4 of them!

6. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Z-5500D's as a proud owner you wont go wrong with them
    :)

7. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I don't think there will be a huge difference between the Z-680s and the Z-5500s, but if you're set on buying new ones, I really do enjoy my Z-5500s for 5.1 gaming.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I have to echo _tad - you'll get a better-sounding seperates system for the same money. It might not be as loud, or have the bling factor, but it's definately worth doing.

9. Kraeg

Kraeg What's a Dremel?

Listening to a friends set of speakers and selling them in the shop all the time they are the best gaming speakers I have come accross in a long while for a cheap price

~Kraeg

10. FragileSocks

FragileSocks What's a Dremel?

11. BlossomPink

BlossomPink What's a Dremel?

12. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

If you are going down the active monitor route then something like the Tannoy Reveals are supposed to be rather good. That said, I think the OP wanted a surround set?