1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace....

Discussion in 'General' started by El_JimBob, 13 Feb 2004.

1. El_JimBob

El_JimBob What's a Dremel?

Anyone been checking this show out? Not drop dead funny by any means, but the attention to detail in each episode is astounding, even down to the quality of the film reel (altho this could be emulated). Some cracking Police Squad style visual gags and of course the fact that its dubbed, with the lip sync getting worse towards the end of each episode. Forget all those repeats that the terrestrial channels throw at us, this is true nostalgia tv :)
    What do u guys think ?

http://www.garthmarenghi.com/

ok, just seen tonights episode - any show that can begin with a scene of an eyeball with legs anally violating a hospital patient (plus a commentary explaining the producer's disgust at the pixellation of the eyeball's nob) has surely gotta be a classic :thumb:

2. K

K 528491

I'm loving this show. It has me in stitches.

I thought it was just that one guy though that's dubbed? I dunno.

First episode: Dr. Rick Dagless walks into a room and this patient going nuts starts shaking violently and subsequently explodes in a very gory and over-the-top manner. After the slow-motion blood spillage Rick simply asks in that faux-husky voice ... 'Are you alright?'

CLASS.

3. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Absolute genius. I can't really say much more than that.

4. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

ITs quite funny, but I find that the joke wears thin about half way through each programme. When its funny though, its very very funny...

Sam

5. El_JimBob

El_JimBob What's a Dremel?

kewwwwl, nice to see some peeps here appreciate it as well. Seriously tho, if u aint seen the website yet, go look - its a monumental con-job of classic comedy sized proportions :)