1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genius SW - 5.1

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TheColdLord, 18 Jun 2006.

1. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

I have a few problems with my Genius SW 5.1 audio system:
    1. When I listen to music static begins, and only after I smack my pc it stops, I've also tried to move the green cable that usually resolves the problem for a while, but it always reapears.
    2. I can't get the damn thing to run in 5.1 mode, I use a Genius Soundmaker Value 5.1, and its kinda crappy. But it is the only thing I've got for the momment. Same thing happens if I try to use the onboard sound, I have an Abit KD7-A mobo with Realtec AC'97. I really don't know WTF is the problem with it. I've tried the soundsystem at a friend that owns a Creative sound card and it worked perfectely in 5.1. The main problem is that the 2 front speakers don't work at all on my soundcard. I really haven't got a clue on what to do... so plz ppl help me.

P.S. wich of the sound devices should I use?

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You should only have one sound device running on your comp at a time, so disable the onboard first.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, get a pair of headphones that you know works and see if there is still static.

It sounds like a dodgy connection from the cables end.

3. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

I've tried it, and it works well. Only the Genius soundcard works, the other is disabled from bios.