1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC Getting color on an older TV from a ATi graphics card solution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Edvuld, 18 Jun 2007.

1. Edvuld

Edvuld Minimodder

Well, I had this problem, no matter what I did, I could not get color on my TV-out using my X1600PRO card. So, after tearing my hair for 3 hours, looking for solutions, I found a post that I myself actually wrote, about 3 years back, which solved my issue. :duh:

I'm just writing here in the hope that someone that might have the same problem as me can be helped by this little post.

Anyways, the problem for me was that my TV doesn't support S-Video, and this causes the screen to be black and white, no matter if I'm using a S-Video or composite cable, since ATi cards only output S-Video from my knowledge. I didn't reflect over this issue using my nVidia card, since you can choose Composite output, even though using S-Video cables there.

So, to solve this problem when using a shitty TV, simply short 2 pins in the S-Video cable, namely the two that transfer color and brightness.

Code:
    /o  o\ <--- connect these 2 upper pins using a very thin wire. 
    |o  o| 1 leader from an AWG18 is perfect.
    \_--_/

Tags: