1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding getting sponsorship for mod..

Discussion in 'Modding' started by UnkleRosco, 8 Nov 2005.

1. UnkleRosco

UnkleRosco What's a Dremel?

How do u guys go about getting it?? Hit me with your suggestions, letters, bribes..

2. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Work hard and have the stuff to show for it. Then you will get some your way.

3. c.u.later

c.u.later What's a Dremel?

as far as I understand, you only get sponsorship usually if you have already done an amazing piece of work, and can do it for them to advertise them.

4. UnkleRosco

Well i better get started... Sure i'll send off a few e-mails n see what happens. No harm in trying..

5. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

Actually, there is lots of harm in asking... the more people ask, the less chance the whole community has of getting sponsorship. The thing about most mods is that they really don't need the top of the line hardware, and thus most companies will see this as nothing but a free hardware grab. Now if you are really serious, I would recommend investing time before you begin to e-mail. For starters, have a website and a project log showing where you are, concept art and so on. Second, I would say why you need the parts and what exactly will you be doing with them AFTER the mod is complete. Last, how will you promote the companies product in your mod, any time we give Bit-Tech products, we know the chances are high there will be world exposure, magazines, TV or web, and you have to show to the sponsor that their product will be used in a manner that will help them. Good luck.

6. UnkleRosco

I'll only be e-mailing compnaies in ireland(all 3 of them....) all im looking for is fans n wc bits, not even looking for products per say.. A discount of some sort would be great

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hehe...WC bits are not cheap, usually! :)

Definitely do the community a favor...make some concept art first at the very least. Remember, you're 'selling' a product of advertising, asking them to pay for it with gear they bought. It's a delicate art, and many mod-shops are very responsive to modders who come in with a plan and a polite request. But they're not going to just throw gear (even cheap fans) at your feet with nothing but a hope and an un-written idea. And Henry's right...if you (and other) modders do this, eventually they stop listening altogether, because they don't know who to take seriously.

8. UnkleRosco

Well im waiting for the case to arrive(hopefully tomorrow or fri)... Have the plan in my head, just need to put it down on paper... Time to regain those tech graphics skills i had when i was in school ;-)

Let u know how i get on..

9. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

actualy not too far back I got an offer for sponsorship. They were gonna sponsor me some small parts etc. I never repplyed as the parts werent worth me putting their name on my case. Just saying sometimes they will contact you.

10. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

yah as far as I know its still pretty rare, usually that or cases are commissioned with or without certain degrees of artistic flexibility. Most of the commissioned cases are used in trade shows etc to show off parts or be walking bilboards.
    At the very least you have to be an accomplished modder with some measure of exposure