1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 (SATA6 / USB 3) Goodness

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jasio, 10 Nov 2009.

1. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Hmm,

So apart from Gigabyte's upcoming SATA6 / USB 3.0 P55 line-up, it seems Gigabyte will be the first into the X58 fray with the UD7 (formerly EXTREME2) motherboard.

- Key Features:
    * Massive cooling system, near enough spanning across the entire board, with a waterblock on the X58 chip.
    * 4 PCI-Express x16 graphics slots supporting Crossfire or SLI
    * 4 internal SATA3 6.0Gb/s ports
    * 2 USB 3.0 ports supported via NEC controller
    * Triple power USB (1500mA to each port instead of 500mA on USB2, 2700mA to each USB 3 port compared to 900mA in the specification.)

The "333" refers to the Triple Power USB, essentially a lot more juice can flow through the USB2/USB3 ports.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apart from that? Same Gigabyte goodness and quality we generally come to expect.

Price? Currently pegged at $400 as their new "flagship" motherboard, aimed squarely at Asus high-end P6T offerings.
    Availability? Under the Christmas tree ;) Should see it pop out end of November/early-December.

For those hoping for a less... colorful PCB scheme? Sorry, Gigabyte staff still had a stash of whatever they were smoking lying around during the design/color selection process.

:thumb:

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Nice!

It's a pity I can't bothered to re-install windows, and spend ages putting everything back on.. sorting out themes, making backups, and generally spend 4 days getting my system back to how I like it so soon after installing Win 7 or I'd buy that!

I'm also sceptical that SATA3 will show any real world benefits. Even SSD can't get close to saturating SATA2 controllers for single disk desktop use.

USB 3 would be nice though :)

3. GigaMan

GigaMan GIGABYTE UK

The UD7 is like the previous Extreme editions