1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 God of War III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bloodcar, 21 Nov 2009.

1. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

One of the few games I missed out on by not having a PS2 around for long was God of War. I always wanted to play the first (and the second, too!) but just never have had that opportunity. Thankfully, the God of War Collection came out for the PS3 the other day.

I picked up my copy today and started playing around with the original game. I quite like it but damn can it be frustrating on Hard mode (I'm dreading God mode) at times. Inside the box though, there was nice code for the E3 demo of God of War III. Well, curiosity got the best of me.

This game is GORGEOUS, GORY, and did I say GORGEOUS? I actually died at one point because I didn't realize the cinematic scene had ended and I was back in control once more. I so can not wait until April to get this game. Anyone else out there get a chance to play the demo? I know you Brits are out of luck until probably beginning of 2010 unless you're importing which kinda sucks. :(

2. riggs

riggs ^_^

I'm in the same boat man. Never owned a PS2 (or PS1 for that matter) - I was a Nintendo fanboy until the Wii lost it's appeal. Definitely going to pick up the collection when I've got some spare cash and can find it cheap (lowest I've found so far is around £33).

Got the GoWIII demo a few weeks ago after receiving an email from Sony containing a promo code. Loved it! Played through it at least 3 times that night. It is indeed gorgeous and gory! Unfortunately, I'd already seen it all from the E3 videos kicking about on the internets so it wasn't really anything new to me. But getting to actually play it was a blast. It's just so epic in scale!
    Cannot wait till 2010.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Is the God of ar Collection coming to the UK?

4. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

I had a PS2 when it first launched, but it died on me and I never replaced it so I missed out on GoW as well. And my PS3 lacks backwards compatibility so I was excited when they announced GoW Collection. Haven't picked it up yet but definitely I plan to.

5. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

GOW3 is going to be about 95% of the 'why' I am going to buy a PS3.

And sounds like the console gamers are getting a taste of what us PC gamers have know for years. High res does count! ;)

*runs away and plays Crysis*

6. riggs

riggs ^_^

Yeah, sometime this month...according to CDwow it was released 2 days ago, although they state it'll take 7-10 days to ship?!

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Have to say I was quite unimpressed by GoWIII, considering the graphical achievements of the predecessors on the PS2, 3 just seemed a HD rehash, like how namco did the Tekken 5 DR rehash, controls were as good as ever, but the way you play and the limited paths and movement felt very last gen, put me 10ft from the screen I might think I was playing PS2, OK that's harsh it has better lighting and textures but other than that it felt like the rest, it needed a bit of re-invention, **** even felt like I recognized the level from God of War it was so samey.

I played the PS2 games on my PS3 though so perhaps the PS3 game scaler did it a few favors, might be that the demo section I played is not truely representative of the full game, but nothing there made me go wow, have to admit to feeling a little bored, also when you see Bayonetta running that kind of out did GoW at its own games style, not that Bayonetta convinced me it had the fluidity and feeling of control that GoW has mind you but it was pretty and the engine threw around loads of stuff.

8. riggs

riggs ^_^

Oh absolutely. That seems to be the main complaint about GoWIII; if you're a fan of the series and have played the other games then there's nothing really new and improved. It's just more of the same, albeit a lot prettier.

I knew that the GoW series is renowned for being grand in scale, but like I said, having never owned a PS2 or played the 2 original games, I was pretty blown away when I first saw Helios harassing that huge titan. That was pretty epic.