Wii / Wii U Goldeneye on the Wii - Still a possibility...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by plug_in_ross, 29 Nov 2006.

1. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

2. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

If ever there was a reason to super glue my fingers in the 'crossed' position...

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

You know, I was thinking "Damn, that would awesome" but then I realized if I wanted to play it so badly I could just plug in my n64 and boot it up.

4. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Though I don't own a Wii, I got to admit it would be pretty awesome to play Goldeneye online against other people. If they get Goldeneye back and if they make it online that is. But hell, if Battletanx name get's put on the Wii, I think I'll buy one. Battletanx: Global Assault was my favorite game on n64.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

But it's a bit of a faff to have a whole console set up for just 1 game. Especially when you could have it on a Wii instead. :)

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I doubt it would be online. So far, the Wii's internet connectivity has been strictly for updates and Wii Shop Channel content. I wouldn't rule it out, though, as both the news and weather forecast channels have yet to be enabled, and a browser channel looks to be on the way (Opera-powered, IIRC). Still, my experiences so far have shown that all of the internet connectivity has been god-awfully slow, hardly suitable for online gaming.

And as Krikkit rightly points out, it's a pain to keep a console hooked up for a single game. Especially the old ones that need the blowjobs :D I'd love to see them port over the wiimote controls to the game as well if they do it though.

Tags: