1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Good gaming/music headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Noob4ever, 7 Jun 2009.

1. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

I'm looking for a good gaming/music headset, preferably one w/o an inline volume control, simply because The last two I've had with that, havent lasted long, my latest, a logitech one, hasn't lasted even 3 months, my previous set, a pair of 30 dollar plantronics lasted a year, I Of course go with 3.5 connectors and circamural, one with a mic is preferred, any ideas?
    Or at least any ideas for a pair that will last more than a few months? I use them constantly so I need something thats not frail.
    And both of the previous have started failing at the in-line volume control......... I'll be fielding any and all ideas, preferabbly not ginormously exspensive, and I I will take the inline ones, so long as we have testaments to durability.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2009
  2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

bit-tech has some recent articles on headsets.. but turtle beach makes some good ones- good sound quality

http://www.turtlebeach.com/

3. Joekerh

Joekerh Penniless enthusiast

I personally use a pair of Grado sr125 headphones and an old JVC stage mic on a stand.

Check out the sr60 model at gradolabs.com. They are a bit pricey... but I hear things in game before anyone else on my team.

4. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

Audio Technica ATH-AD700

'nuff said.

5. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

For more budget options, consider the Koss PortaPro. Widely considered as THE best bang for buck headphones, with it's audio quality/price untouched for about 20 years... Only the iGrado wins it by a bit. And is much more uncomfortable to boot.

6. crosshair

crosshair It's life Jim but not as we know it

Sennheiser...End of.

7. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

I don't think I could strongly recommend Grado for gaming due to their reduced soundstage. Positioning could be a bit off with Grado versus Sennheiser or another pair of headphones with better soundstage, but don't let that dissuade you from picking Grado over a "gaming" headset, as it will be better in every way - including, probably, positioning.