1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Good Set of Wood Backed Headphones for £100?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 23 Sep 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for some new headphones, and a lot of researching through Denon and Audio Technica sets has made me realise that I want a wood- backed set! Such as the Denon D5000.

Great! Problem? I can't spend about £500 on a set of headphones. Now don't ask about the wood backing, that's what I want on some good headphones- I think it looks amazing!

If nothing of the sort comes up for this price, I'll continue to save up for something better, and maybe not wood- backed. I'm currently using a set of Denon D510's, so anything better than that will be good. But in the meantime, do any of you know of a good set of wood backed headphones in this budget? I can go slightly over budget, but not too much.

Thanks.

Last edited: 23 Sep 2012
  2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Just putting this out there you could mod/ creat your own wood backing for a set of headphones, could take time but should be easy to do.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

That's true, but if I'm spending upwards of £100- 120 I'd rather not be messing with them. Thanks for the idea though!
    Have you any idea how I would go about it? The only thing I can find on the subject are mod kits for the top end Denons. And that's still to expensive for me.

By the way everyone, I'm currently using a set of Denon D510's. So anything better than that will be great! :)

Last edited: 23 Sep 2012
  4. KidMod-Southpaw

Hmm, I think I'd be best saving up more money for a set of Denons and a mod kit, but that's a big stretch! Are there any other tried and tested recommendations in my budget?

5. KidMod-Southpaw

Can anyone help me before I spring for either Denon D7000s or the Audio Technica equivalent?

6. Sviatoslav

Sviatoslav What's a Dremel?

Denon D7000 are absolutely outstanding, however with over £600 a piece it is a pleasure to dream of... A friend of mine got a pair and I would recommend them for sure

7. KidMod-Southpaw

There's a well looked after set of Audio Technica ATH W1000's on Ebay for £300! I'm seriously leaning towards those!