1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Got a shuttle in need of a nice GPU!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deep-Blue, 26 Jul 2006.

1. Deep-Blue

Deep-Blue Part-time Overclocker

Okay, so after some.....*cough*..reckless buying on ebay, i'm the proud owner of a Shuttle SN45G nVidia Collectors Edition.

Now i know im not going to get stellar performance from this puppy, but the first tests i ran an Athlon XP1700 @ 1.7Ghz, coupled with 1Gb of Kingston DDR400 ram and a Radeon 9500 (softmodded to 9700 pro) seem promissing (i.e. HL2, HL2:EP1, SiN etc run ok at 1024 with medium settings).

I will be picking an Athlon XP 2500-M at some point in the not-too-distant future, so that is not an issue.

However, for fun, i decided to trial an FX5900Ultra 256mb/256bit card, and not suprisingly, its much better. Problem is....im running the shuttle topless to test the 5900. I'm NOT cutting up the chassis etc, so what i wanna find is a nice single-slot AGP8x graphics card, preferably nVidia (a- cos of the case, b- i use suse, and the nvidia drivers are good) graphics card, that is equal to, or can kick the crap outta the 5900. I'm not inclined to get a 7800GS, but what else is there that is decent enough.

Cheers Guys

Oh...is this any good for gaming, ive never seen gaming reviews for one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUADRO-900XGL...4QQihZ016QQcategoryZ67864QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

best single slot agp soloution is either a 6800Gt or a X800GTO.

Also that quatro i dont think would even fit within the shuttle. Also its a workstation card.

Best gaming cards are the ones ive suggested.

BTW the FX series by Nvidia is considered a failure, id wouldnt touch one with a barge pole, and the reason HL2 or anyother 3d game seemed faster is that the FX series cant produce Dx9 properly and so most likley was running in Dx8.1 mode.

3. sk8ter646

sk8ter646 Minimodder

a 6600gt *** going by your other components that would slot in just fine and run very well

its what i was running and it will play any game
    they are also alot cooler as your running a shuttle

Tags: