1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Got any BFBC2 tips for me?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 4 Jan 2011.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Hi guys!

Used to play BFBC2 on the 360 for a bit, but I picked it up in the sale so I’m currently getting stuck into some MP action! However, as you can imagine, things are somewhat tougher on the PC version (not least because I’m starting again with all the terrible guns).

Has anyone got any tips? I usually play as a medic, but since I’m starting again I’m not adverse to playing another class.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Engineer.

The M2CG is your bestest buddy.

And get into a good squad. I might be on later tonight if you want a game, my BFBC2 name is Weinerlicious

Last edited by a moderator: 4 Jan 2011
  3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I'm new to it aswell.
    Steam is murraynt along with it being my BFBC name.

4. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Stay away from walls if you're indoors. They tend to disappear very quickly if people know you're in the building. Also, KEEP MOVING! Because quick scoping is nigh on impossible, guys will almost always go for the camper or dawdler.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Work with your squad, give covering fire, go for the objectives. It's not CoD TDM, it's objective based gameplay. Get the objectives and you'll rank up damn fast and get the rest of the unlocks.

Don't snub the earlier guns, they're bloody excellent. I prefer the AN-94 Bakan above the other AR's. :)

Voice comms transform the game too.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

join "CustomPC" server tonight :)
    /shameless plug

- pistols are better than you think.
    - drop ammo box and health kit everywhere
    - throw motion sensor everywhere
    - go for objectives. sit inside flag area when enemy are near to prevent them from capturing (the bars light up, on top of the map) in conquest, and arm/disarm MCOM in rush.

and finally, try to be on the same team as me :D

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Ah, not this again. The starting guns are perfectly fine.

For vehicle gameplay: Use the third person view, crank up your DPI and laugh at the recons and landmine engies trying to run up on you.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2011
  8. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Never ever stop moving. And short, controlled bursts with any auto weapons, never spray.

9. JoeK

JoeK Minimodder

reload after each battle, keep a tab on your ammo and have the guns ready before turning aroudd corners.

Invest in a laser gaming mouse for pinpoint accuracy, I have a R.A.T 5 which is highly customizable and very accurate.

Sprint on and always be sprinting jadedly and unpredictably.

If you get in a firefight, look for nearest place for cover and duck there.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

There's still an aspect of personal preference.

Now that I've got everything unlocked I never go back to the starting weapons. I don't like the feel of any of them and having to use them without the additional perks makes them feel worse. Red dot and ACOG sights, magnum ammo, etc. all make later guns seem better when in reality they're just benefitting from other factors.

The M24 feels pretty normal to use since it's almost identical to the other bolt action snipers, but using a sniper rifle seems to be a cardinal sin around here :worried:

11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Strongly disagreed. This advice is taking the easy way out. Like telling someone not to have sex; sure they won't get STDs but there are obvious drawbacks.

Why not teach him to do it right instead?

12. Parge

Ok, thanks guys, I'll join the CustomPC server tonight!

13. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

always fire in short burst or semi-automatically from a distance. believe me, going full auto is the easiest way to let your prey slip away.

oh and shotgun slugs with magnum ammo is great for trolling snipers.

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

If you play as a medic don't revive people just for the points, it makes you a ****, only revive when the coast is clear

15. Parge

Just had a great sesh on the server! Thanks guys!

16. wyx087

nah, i was playing noob medic squad tonight, we still lost, but was such a laugh with a squad full of medics. annoys the crap out of opponent. :D

one of them even said "i walked into a room had 6 medics". it's a sight to behold on infantry-only maps.

great fun indeed. hope Bit-tech members can come on the server more often. the initial server filling every day is the hardest part. just need a few of you (3 to 4 works best) to sit in the server and mess about for a while, it should start to fill nicely after 10 minutes.

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

There aren't very many medic in the 'nam as there were in normal BFBC2, and yes it does piss me/my team when there is an all medic squad

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Well, obviously pause behind cover when you get the chance to take a look at your situation, but as soon as you're spotted I find it's always better to get the hell out of there. Otherwise you end up with a sniper's bullet through your skull, a mortar strike obliterating you or a grenade finding its way to your feet all too soon.

19. wyx087

he plays HC, spotting isn't as effective and is rarely done. ;)

noob medic squad rush are very effective, reviving are way too easy in this game.

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Battlefield just use teamwork and you will win.