1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me a new laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hprcrazyguy, 18 Aug 2002.

1. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

Got me this new laptop today. Its a Compaq Presario 900 with an AthlonXP 1700+ processor. :D It is basically the same one that was reviewed here but with a faster processor and only an XGA screen, but I am happy with that. :D And now for some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me is happy now, and this thing is as fast as my desktop. :D :D

2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

how much did that set you back? I need to get myself one of those :)

3. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

It was about 1600 and then tax, and the extended warranty in case I drop it or something, and I get a free battery when this one dies so, all in all, about US$2000. But I got some rebates I am going to be getting, and I get a free wireless LAN card thingy that goes into the multiport on the top of the screen. :D

4. dukebox_1st

dukebox_1st What's a Dremel?

nice lappy, so u benched it yet?!?! me need results!
    tom

5. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

I havent benched it yet, but I do have 3dmark2k1 ready to be installed and I have Sandra on the other computer that I have yet to pull across the network. You will see benchies soon enough. :D

6. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

What is running the graphics on it? Regardless, I wouldn't expect too high a 3D mark. Still damn nice though, wish I could afford one, you lucky blighter!;)

7. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

jamie, this laptop uses the RadeonIGP so basically it has a stripped down radeonVE in it. Not to bad for integrated video. I aint expecting too high of a score with it, but hey, its for college mainly so I will be happy with the occasional game since I dont play that often and most games I play arent graphics intensive. Yeah, this thing is costing pretty much my next few paychecks, good thing I got a job that pays pretty well, $7/hr. :D

8. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Lappys are cool... I love my Toshiba Satellite 3000... cost about the same (at the start of the year), although mine is a slightly lower spec (P3 1GHz, 16Mb GeForce 2 Go)... congrats... you'll have fun with it.