1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other gpu oc? driver? screen res? BSOD help

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by blinkieleblind, 29 Mar 2011.

1. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

Hi,

i have an MSI gtx 570 oc gpu (ignore the 5770 in my sig, need to update that) and have recently bought DCS: A-10c.
    i have a custom resolution set via a .lua file to fit my two monitor setup (W2361V and M197WD) to play this game and have started getting a BSOD when i play the campaign mode (not in training though).
    I also have the card overclocked to 820/1640 core/shader MHZ and 2200MHZ memory without tweaking the voltage. this is 30mins furmark stable and +1 hour unigine heaven stable and my temps do not exceed 70c on furmark.
    could this be an issue with the game/oc/driver/screen resolution??

attched are links to two .dmp files

(sorry wasnt sure how else to attach them)

thanks in advance

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

It will be setting a custom res that holds it back, if you read custom pc's article of supersize displays. Even modern games have only a list of resolutions that they support- this includes multi monitor setups. If you are using a resolution that the game doesn't support, this is likely to happen. You'll need to set a resolution in the game.

3. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

im a bit baffled as to how it only seems to affect me in the campaign mode?!? The training mode runs smooth but as soon as i load the campaign mode it hangs a bit, then maybe 20mins or so in i get a BSOD. will try to change to a single screen setup and see if it still happens. thanks for the response.