1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPU2 console installation guide.

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Bork_Bork, 12 Nov 2009.

1. Bork_Bork

Bork_Bork What's a Dremel?

I've just bought 2 8800 GS's to fold on and installed the console GPU2 client this morning, has it recently been updated? The guide below says that you need to log in via DOD to set up the config but when I ran the application it was like the old uniprocessor client where you just entered your details and restarted.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGPUGuide#ntoc4

I have set Fahmon to monitor it be it seemed to be going slowly.

2. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Yup the CONSOLE GPU2 client is exactly the same to set up as the old Win Console client. Except that you have to add the parameter -gpu 0, -gpu 1 etc, either to the shortcut , if you have one, or the "extra flags" question on the original setup.

Bear in mind that you still have to give each client a separate "machine" number as well.

Other than that, the only other thing to remember is to extend the desktop on to the second gfx card.

3. Bork_Bork

Thanks for looking at this, I realised after I'd posted that I'd put a fullstop instead of a question mark. :wallbash:

I did some reading up at lunch, am I right in thinking that the only difference with the console is that is lets you run it as a service, which will not work for me anyway as I have Vista?

4. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Sorry, can't help there, only ever run the console and never as a service.

5. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Setting up the GPU clients is all much easier with Windows XP. How do you feel about a dual-boot system?

6. Bork_Bork

I've got the systray client working now, don't really have room for a dual boot as I am on a 36GB Raptor.

Looks like I need a bigger PSU to add my second card so that's the next thing to buy.