1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

:miffed: Guess we will be lucky to see it next year at all then.

2. Quuwahi

Quuwahi What's a Dremel?

Well that's a load of rubbish. Neglect the PC when releasing your game's, I mean you haven't done it before *Cough Red Dead Redemption *Cough...

Is there actually any real reason that the PS3 or Xflop gain priority over PC or is it just, these dated pieces of technology sell more units overall so there prioritized?

3. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

This. Additionally, I imagine they'll be trying to make people go "oh sh*t, it's only on XBOX and PS3, I'd best buy those consoles then"

Often the console makers will help promote stuff if its format restricted.

They then release it on PC many many months later so that they catch the rest of the market who were willing to wait for the game to be released on the most open and best (imo!) format.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

GTA 4 was delayed release, come to think of it most rockstar games have been.

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

It *should* get released on the PC, eventually. Assuming a March release date for Xbox 360 and PS3, it should be out on the PC in October / November 2013. Fingers crossed. :)

6. Quuwahi

Quuwahi What's a Dremel?

Yay.

The PC gamer's pump huge amounts of funds into the cost of having the best / latest technology but yet we get stiffed over and get delayed releases that have been out for months and promoted / played everywhere else to extinction...

Sorry, Had a bit of a rant lol.

7. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

[​IMG]

This is a true story, at least SimCity will be on PC. :lol:

8. Quuwahi

Quuwahi What's a Dremel?

Hahaha. Yea, guess I will have to listen to all my mates that still think consoles are better than PC go on about how good GTA V is and I will have to wait...

But I'm being serious when I say they think there better than PCs, One of my friends think that the PS4 will have better specs than my PC...

1 CM HAF X FULL TOWER WINDOW
    1 Asus P9X79 X79 MoBo s2011
    1 Intel Core i7 3930K Hex Core OC @ 4.6Ghz
    1 16GB Ram
    2 4GB EVGA GTX680
    1 CAIR 1200W
    1 120GB Neutron
    2 3TB SATA3 HDD
    3 27 Asus VG278H 3D
    1 Razer Mamba
    1 Razer BlackWidow 2013 Elite Ultimate Keyboard
    1 Razer Tiamat 7.1 Analogue Gaming Headset

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It won't :thumb:

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hell, I don't care when it comes out but I've just had visions of chasing people around the city on a segway.

Not sure why that vision came to me, nor do I think it'll happen unfortunately.

Pookeyhead likes this.
  11. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Lol

If the last gen is anything to go by, if the console was released this November it would be running the equivalent of a gtx 580 at best. Let alone two 680s with 4gb vram. Hell the ps3 7800 equivalent packed 256mb. So the 580 equiv would pack 1.5gb.

12. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Unless they are using alien technology now I think you're safe =)

13. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I remember some guy on a different forum trying to tell me a PS3 has better graphics and is more powerful than a PC. I lol'd and set him straight. He never responded to my post.

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I for one would finally ditch my pc and buy a console if it packed that sort if punch. Sadly it would cost well in excess of a grand so is not likely until 2020.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ah, the silence of a noob.

or do they have a life and didn't see the need to start a "discussion"?

:p

my 580 only has 1.5GB :(

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I guess it depends on the PC you are comparing it to. My PS3 is more powerful than a couple of my PCs and less powerful than the other three. My 360 is more powerful than one of the PCs I have!

Next year should be an interesting year as I would expect to see an announcement or an appearance of a console from MS and Sony.

Personally I am platform agnostic - I will probably play GTAV on a console as my consoles are connected to my projector and I prefer that type of game on the big screen (much like why I got Assassin's creed 3 for the 360). I can cope with a reduction in graphic fidelity if the immersion whilst playing the game is good enough.

I hope that the new consoles are released in 2014 as next year I need to upgrade my PC (probably everything except the case and the SSDs!) ready for Arma 3!

17. rollo

rollo Modder

your comparing 2 different things though.

Coding for consoles is done at the hardware level there is no direct x or open gl nonesence.

Uncharted 3 on ps3 is one of the best looking games ive played and i own a top end pc BF3 sure looks better but uncharted is running on a 7 year old graphics card. BF3 would not load on a 7 year old card let alone move a frame.

If the next gen of consoles had a 580 they would get double or tripple the performance out of it compared to what we got with direct x and open gl. Some site estimated that the performance penalty for direct x versus hardware was close to 150%.

18. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Idiots..how about turn the knobs up so it needs some power. give it to us first then release it on xbox 3billion and ps4 later.. better game better graphics.

reality is it will be on the consoles that will then be out dated. and then on our pcs dumbed down to outdated console levels

19. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Yes they can "code to the metal" as they like to call it and get more than previously thought possible from a PC users perspective. Devs, as far as I can tell still rely on APIs, plug ins and all sorts with the consoles. It isn't just all glorious unadulterated coding from the gods. From what I remember, they rely chiefly on 1st party devs (such as the Uncharted devs, although I admit to not remembering whether Naughty Dog are owned by Sony any more) to create good tools to allow them to squeeze out power without third party devs digging too deep alone.

Standardised hardware is a massive advantage though. Your case in point, Uncharted; texture streaming (as well as clever reuse of textures) made that game look ace. Just like having a flexible memory architecture and unified gfx architecture helped the xbox 360 despite other shortcomings.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2012
  20. Quuwahi

Quuwahi What's a Dremel?

So I have just found out that you get extra goodies when you pre-order GTA 5 (PS3 & XFlop).

This being said does that mean "IF" it comes out for PC we are to not see / get these or is it likely that when its out for the PC will will get the same Pre-Order abilities.