1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Graphics Card Buzzing (HELP!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AndyDEL, 11 Aug 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

Recently bought a XXX 4890 XXX Edition.

Whenever i ramp it up in an intense game – it buzz’s quite loud. For example, on Crysis it’ll buzz quite loud at start up / menus and then quiet down a bit after couple of minutes in game.. But it’s still slightly there. If i turn off vertical sync in CS Source (so obviously FPS goes to max) it'll start then to.

I’ve googled the hell out of the issue – most saying it’s a common occurrence (on both ATi and Nvidia cards).. But not an actual problem. Opinions vary on a solution.. From people getting replacements and it being fine, to most getting replacements and completely different cards and still having the problem. Some also say it could be a PSU problem, with some saying a more sufficient one would solve the problem.

I’d like people’s opinions on here..

1) Should i return for a replacement (Doesn’t seem much point if it’s a common occurrence and not damaging anything)

2) Should i purchase a high wattage PSU

3) Do nothing.

Setup:
    - i7 920
    - 6gb corsair dominator DDR3
    - MSI x58 Pro
    - 2x 1TB WD HDDs (I tried unplugged one to see if it happens, to lower power consumption. Same thing occurred)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.