1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Graphics Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by striker289, 20 Jun 2006.

1. striker289

striker289 What's a Dremel?

I have been experiencing a Graphics Issue with my new computer in BF2 latly. I didnt really notice it much except in Single player until i installed the new booster packs. Now i experience it to some degree almost every round. It doesnt happen right away so i am not sure what it is.

My Specs:
    AMD 4400+ x2
    2gb OCZ DDR500
    eVGA 7900 GT KO With RAM Sinks added to the chips on the back for extra cooling
    Samsung SATA 250Gb harddrive
    Samsung DVD Burner
    5 cool Master 29cfm 80mmm Fans
    fan controller

Pic of problem:
    [​IMG]

I havent noticed this with Need for speed or Counterstike. I did have a simular problem in the last stage of 3dmark06 free version. I am going to try some other games later tonight.

Ideas of what i think it could be:
    Older bios have less voltage
    Driver issue
    Card could have heat issues but i havent seen it passed 65*

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Artifacts.
    Have you overclocked it recently?

3. striker289

No the card is stock. Only mod is the ramsinks on the back. It had been running fine for 2 weeks.

4. striker289

pffft. I went to eVGA's forum and they had a thing on how to test the card. Deep freeze kills my pc everytime in 3dmark. RMA Time! i guess i can learn linux on my old machine until then!

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

If you haven't already RMA'd the card, you might get some help from this post. However it clearly shouldnt be doing that, so even if 'sinking the voltage regs does cure it, an RMA should get you a working card, although that may just do the same thing.

6. striker289

I did that as soon as i got the card. i had to use two. 1 for each cluster of chips. Those things got hot too.

7. [Tina]

[Tina] What's a Dremel?

i thank i no what may help you i have the some problem with FEAR and cod2 and i have a NVIDA 7900GTXand i got AMD 4400+ to.. i just put AA on 2X and it cleard it right up try that...

8. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

9. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

RMA it. There is a known issue with the card. eVGA is also pretty good and RMA it's products and even offering cross shipping in some cases :D.

I had did the same thing in fear. But i am impatient so i shipped it make to the seller and got a X1900XT cross shipped :D

10. striker289

got my RMA Code Tonight. sending it back tommarow. Should have a new card by sometime next week. No rush. :wallbash:

Word on eVGA Forum is there is a new batch of cards with different memory being shipped out now :D hopefully i get on of these.

11. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

glad to hear it, all the best.

Tags: