1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Grrrr :(

Discussion in 'General' started by peteone, 27 Jan 2007.

1. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Well I awoke this morning to find some nice chaps have removed my door mirrors with their feet. Both mirrors clean off, Ive managed to find some mangled parts of one of the mirrors but the other one is nowhere to be seen. They also decided to do me the courtesy of cicking my rear clusters in. So basicly Ive spent this morning in the police station filling out forms and scouring ebay for replacements as my insurance is gonna hit me hard if I decide to go through them.

Not only am I gonna have to fork out for new parts but I also cant drive the car untill I replace the mirrors :(

Im realy p***** off. Effin chavs :(

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

What car have you got?

I'm not 100% but are wing mirrors tottally needed? I havea friend with a beetle ( old one ) which has no mirrors....

I know the feeling though, found my mirror on my car bonnet, with a note saying it 'fell off' when they 'brushed' past it, granted it wasnt broken and i just screwed it back together xD

3. c.u.later

c.u.later What's a Dremel?

@peteone: unlucky mate, my parents left a car in town (3 miles away) for one night, and came back to find the driver's window smashed and an attempt to hotwire the car had been made.

hope you can sort it out though, insurance can hit you hard for quite small things.

@stickeh: at least 2 mirrors are needed under UK law, at least one of which has to be the driver's side one.

also, that law was probably brought in after your friend's beetle was made, and as it is older than the law stating it, there is no legal requirement for them to be fitted.

c.u.later

4. tphilly1984

tphilly1984 What's a Dremel?

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Peteone, won't your insurance cover the expenses ??

6. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Cheers for the replys chaps. Its a 2002 Audi A4 Turbo.

I asked 2 police officers about the mirrors and the first said I needed all 3 mirrors, the second one said I only needed 2 mirrors but as mentioned above that may vary with age of the car.

As for my insurance, I have £250 excess so I would be having to pay that and loose my no claims. To fix the car Im probably not going to be paying more that £300 so I think the wise thing to do would be to just pay for it myself. :(

Ive just picked up some S4 rear clusters on ebay for £60, so thats a good start.

Whilst pondering this dilema I started thinking about protecting my no claims. Then I thought, insuring my insurance. How does that work? Its the biggest scam ever IMO. :)

Cheers.

7. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

=( beautiful car mangled by effin chavs, ebays got good spares. Anyway, protecting your no claims is somehow a good idea because in the long term once you get no claims discount then it should save you money unless those effin chavs decides to do more damage to the car.

8. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Yeah I totaly agree its a good idea for the way insurance policys work, it just seems wrong that you should be insuring your insurance. No claims bonus is just a scam IMO. I make a yearly payment to ensure any damages to my car get fixed but if I do need to claim, in effect, they charge me again by upping my insurance costs. Rant over :)

Anyways Im getting there, Ive got the rear lights and Ive tracked down some mirrors from one of the audi forums just need to get them sprayed and Im moblie again :) just hope it doesnt happen again.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2007
Tags: