1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTR 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 20 Oct 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

Looks really good, I quite fancy getting a new driving sim. I'll only be interested if it has the original Nürburgring though.

EDIT: I can't find anything on the official website that mentions what tracks are included but I did notice that a demo is available: LINK

Last edited: 20 Oct 2006
  3. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:eeek: :jawdrop:

Thanks for the review :clap: It looks great for what it is but I think, like you, I'll wait for something a little more "arcadey".

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I SERIOUSLY love the GTR series. I'm the sort of person that will play the 24 hour race. Awesome

Been playing this for a few days now, and Its amazing. Much easier than the last GTR game, but that only makes the racing closer, which isnt a bad thing.

Top stuff. I'd give it a 9 ;)

5. LEAX

LEAX What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: that looks awesome /starting to download the demo/ im sooo :eeek: of it :D

6. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the demo link, have updated the article so people can download it!

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

But the thing about 24hour races (like Le Mans) is that 2 drivers take part, not one...?

Looks nice though...might take it out for a spin. Can see my wallet taking a bashing again (it's just taken a bashing last week with a joystick and Flight Sim X)

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I bought this a few days ago, and while I'm not a great fan of racing sims, I actually quite enjoy it. You can't go into this sort of game with the Need for Speed mindset, though (the one where you accelerate right up to a corner, slam on the handbrake to skid round then take off again...) if you don't start braking a heck of a long way off a corner, you just miss it totally. :duh:

I, too, hated the pit crew - they just detract from (in my view) an otherwise impressive experience. They look like they need to be put down.

I'd really like to play this with a high-end wheel and a TrackIR setup... :D

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

looks cool... can't stand driving games on my pc though... dunnow what it is about a driving game that makes me feel like a sad ******* playing it on a pc.. hehe

btw, nice new badge! not sure on the glass effect though...

10. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

So you don't watch the British Touring Car races then?

Nice review, dare I say taken from an FPS gamers' point of view, but still good. I remember buying the LeMans game for a whole pound just to do the 24 hour race. It took me and my mate a week to get through (pausing the game every once in a while) but it was a great experience. I don't know if I would do it again though.

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

What are you guys using to play this? Keyboard and mouse? Or are you using a game controller like a pad or steering wheel?

12. FooSai

FooSai What's a Dremel?

Did you read the whole review?
    Nice review... I usually prefer arcade racers, but I'm still gonna take a lookat this, d/l'in the demo now =)

13. RTT

RTT #parp

This game is absolutely awesome, we were all fighting for turns to play it in the office yesterday :D It's probably not worth playing without a wheel and pedals, but they are cheap enough anyway.

The game is at it's best when you've got all of the driver aids turned off... so unforgiving yet so awesome when you start to get the hang of it.

The sound in this game, as the review says, is also fantastic. Can't beat the chatter from the turbo on the 911 biturbo as you go down the gears into a corner :D

14. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Driving Force Pro here - love it!

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I think i'm gonna have to pick this up, is the single player big enough for that alone? :)

16. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

You're welcome. :thumb:

Does anyone who's got this game know if it includes the Nürburgring Nordschleife track? I doubt it seen as it's not really used for races anymore.

17. LoveJoy

LoveJoy What's a Dremel?

Nice graphs :)

18. Pyr0

Pyr0 What's a Dremel?

Nice Review :thumb:

I noticed that the Logitech DriveFX wheel was used on the PC even tho it's an XBOX360 wheel. Did the DriveFX wheel need any special drivers for Windows or are they included in the package?

I've been looking at PC wheels for a while, and after reading this, was thinking of either the DriveFX or the Logitech MOMO wheel

Can anybody reccomend either one over the other?

19. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

The wheel didn't require any special drivers when using it on the PC. Plugged it in and it worked straight away.

20. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

i have a logitech momo wheel, its absolutely brilliant for sims like gtl, gtr rfactor and live for speed but no good for arcade games like nfs:mw, but then that may just be me. just a shame it doesnt work on the 360 as it doesnt get a lot of use now.

Tags: Add Tags