1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GTX 680 or 770?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkwisdom, 15 Aug 2013.

1. Deders

Deders Modder

They've passed the message up to someone who may understand, Creative wouldn't do that!

2. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

I had a look at the settings on my 670. When it boosts to 1280MHz the voltage goes to 1.175v. Temps stay around 70c though the fan is low (50%).

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I've got a Direct CUII and i'm very impressed with the noise to heat ratio. I gave it a run on Unigine Heaven ( I don't do ridiculous benchies like furmark, i'm never realistically going to use it like that), and i found it stayed around 70C, and the fan was still inaudible to me. I even took deders advice and cranked up the memory to nearly 7Ghz and the temps didn't change much.

4. Deders

Deders Modder

I think that's about right for most 670's. Mine wasn't anywhere near as overclockable without a bit of a voltage nudge

The cooler is great, it blows down onto the memory chips too.

5. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

I could put the voltage up another 50mV but it seems to cause it to hit the power draw max, despite the card being cool. I'd only need a tiny bit more to get over 1300MHz :)