1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I had a fight yesterday with well over 100 people in it from 2 servers WvW - they pushed us all the way back accross a huge valley but we'd setup ready for that and let them come in to a funnel to a gate where cannon and burning oil was setup and then we massacred them and drove them all the way back to their gate. We then breached the gate and took the keep for our supply chain. Fantastic! :D

@ Dom - Desolation mate!

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I will see if i can get on Desolation, tried Saturday but got booted and i was full.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Pretty surprised how busy some servers are that's for sure. Some stability issues aside its a fun game ( mmo launches always have them).

4. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

:jawdrop: see now that sound amazing and makes we want to role an engineer char with the turrets etc... but not sure how they would fair in PVE. Hmmm wee will see - I do like the look of the Thief :D

EDIT: downloading now.... :D

Last edited: 27 Aug 2012
  5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Just met the Shining Blade as part of the Human Thief storyline. Quite enjoying the combat and gameplay now i have an idea of what i should be doing.

Btw someone has hit level cap already. his Guild Mates kept giving him items for crafting and he managed it in a day or so.

6. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Done a few runs of the first dungeon today. Brilliant.

It's pretty solid, but with some tactics and calling out targets, it's plenty doable, nets you 12k xp a run as well (from end reward) which is about 3/4 of a level :D

The lover bosses you have to fight can be a real pain, the strategy we used (which worked nicely ) was:

We had two people throwing boulders at each of them, to keep knocking them down, and to push them apart. then one person focusing damage on each, and the last destroying all the adds that are summoned (they die in a few hits, but deal a lot of dmg).
    The woman usually goes down first, so then both the boulder throwers concetrate on the guy and basically chain stunlock him.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have just finished exploring Divinity now to do the outside points and quests. Hoping to reach required level for next Storyline Quest.

I am also going back to Guild Wars tomorrow or Wednesday to do a few HoM things.

I need to run Destroyer Depths and Glints Challenge for Hero armour and dedication.

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'm up to 27 or 28 now and really enjoying it, and the way points make it super easy to get around the map. The breached wall vista was very amusing, took a few deaths and tries to get it, but it was a nice challenge and something new. Whats the recommended level for the first dungeons? I heard in /map that you shouldn't bother until 30?

Also, what classes are everyone? I'm an elementalist using a scepter and dagger offhand, find it is the best combination for damage / AoE in comparison to having the other offhand thing, or staffs.

9. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Generally you do want to be 30, but if you're in a group of friends (with voice comms) then you can probably be a level or two lower, but it will be tricky. There's not a huge point in being any higher though, as it de-levels you.
    Another note of advice: pay very close attention to enemy AoE circles on the floor, some of the bosses and elementalists mobs can burst you down really, really quick.

Personally I'm on a warrior at the moment, alternating between a crit+bleed greatsword build, and a sort of supporty warrior with a two handed hammer (for dungeons and big groups).

Just wish they'd get around to fixing the guilds and trading post.

10. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

I like the look of GW2, but my play time is quite restricted due to real life and thus I am what you would call a "Casual" player. I played WoW, but never raided and, to be honest, never did much in the way of dungeons. I enjoyed a bit of battlegrounds, and like to think I wasn't too much of a hindrance.

So my question to you guys that are playing GW2, is it casual friendly? Is there plenty to do without having to be grouped all the time?

Cheers

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Also playing Ele but it's staff all the way for me with AoE but particularly range, any of the dagger/focus/sceptre combo's just don't reach out far enough for my liking, especially if I focus on healing. Only lvl24 but I've been doing some other stuff besides levelling.

Completed 1 jumping puzzle so far, what a ******* that was and the second I've found is just evil! Whoever designed them is a nasty nasty person :lol:

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Having played Solo in my current gameplay there is no need to be in a group. Most.pf the events are group based without being in a party.

Just stealing kills in the swarm of attackers.

The personal storyline just requires you to be the correct level. Obviously because you don't have Heroes like in Guild Wars going out into higher level areas is full of danger.

If you get mobbed you ate screwed.

I havent met up with my old Guild Mates just yet so doing whatever i want is kinda fun. When i eventually start raiding I will be partying up with friends.

Anyone wanting to party up please come on the community mumble. There will be a general GW2 channel and several party channel for those raiding.

13. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Loving both PvE and PvP so far. I'm only level 20 in PvE but it's so much fun to just run around and ignore grinding etc since there's so much to do.

If anyone is on Desolation, you can hit me up and add Smellyead. :)

14. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

I didn't manage to play much yesterday after downloading. I spent of most of my time trying to find a name I wanted that wasent taken :eek: ended up as a charr engineer on Aurora Glade. Loving it so far but only made it to level 4. ;)

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I'm playing a Asura thief, I've always been a rogue type archetype. Dom, I have a guild you can join on Desolation if you want with guys I've played multiple MMO's and other games with.

I'll be on mumble tonight!

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

That is if i can get on Desolation. If i can i will join you guys. Almost home, sitting in some usual traffic not far away now.

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ugh, I had a crack with thief, it's horrible to play. Which is it ffs, stealthy or dodgy? Only LotRO has ever pulled off the stealth type class to any degree of success (i.e. burglar). The GW2 thief class is just a total cluster ****. There is always the chance I've been playing it wrong but everything just makes it a mess. It doesn't fit any kind f play style for me.

18. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

19. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

20. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Hmm i seem to be in now - I think it prob is just people hammering the log in now they are home! im just bieng inpatient :) :rock: