1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Guitar Advice: Budget Electric Guitars - [GOT ME ONE!]

Discussion in 'General' started by mookboy, 27 Aug 2008.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Hey thanks! It feels really nice to play, as nice as any of the budget brands I tried in the local guitar shop anyway.

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

nice deal, shame about the colour, seeing as we are posting pictures, heres my tokai sg custom and rg in the background.

[​IMG]

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah... good find... 'grats...
    when it comes to amps (small ones), i'd recommend getting either a marshall (small KK prac amp or something), or (even better), vet a Pod/vAmp and plug headphones into that... then from there you can upgrade to a 4*12 cab later on, as required... :p
    ...oh, and don't start posting pics... i won't stop... guitar pr0n Cheesecake

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Don't take this the wrong way kingred, but that's horrid - there's something about gold hardware that makes me die inside a little bit, especially on an SG... :(

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

LOL...if it was a Les Paul black beauty, it would be different... i have to agree with krikkit... Gold hardware is a nono most of the time... EXCEPT (off the top of my head):
    Gretsch White Falcon
    ESP Eclipse II in Vintage black (ok - so that's a gold trim)
    The Black Beauty
    Jackson Randy Rhoads (sp?) in White with gold pinstripes...

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lovely axe mate, I personally don't care much about colour, and I think it looks perfectly fine. More importantly it's got A: 24 frets, B: a nice thin neck, C: humbuckers and D: a non-fixed bridge. Plus, it's based on an Ibanez RG look (insta-win), so all-in-all, nice purchase!

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Hell - i've played a pink axe with golden humbuckers on stage before... in a metal band... it looked like CRAP, but that guitar (a friend's) just had the tone i was looking for for the one song...

8. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Thanks! Wasn't too confident in posting it here as I know alot of you have waaaaay more expensive gear.

The colour isn't really that lurid. It's very dark, metallic, and like I say slightly grey looking. No worse than any other non-black/white guitar imho... unless you hate purple of course.

I've also just bought one of these to go with it - http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/en/Micro-CUBE/index.html - as the laptop isn't really very convenient for moving from room to room. Not very loud, but I live in terraced house so it won't bother the neighbors and again, like the guitar had pages and pages of good reviews on Harmony Central.

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

+1 on the microcube, really good cleans, distortion isnt great but its a small solid state. i would steer clear of marshal mg or avt series amps because for the £200 you can get a laney vc15 or lc15 which is a class a valve, which is a lot better, sounds a ton better as well.

Tags: