1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Gundam seed pc (suggestions)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nightingale_zero, 30 May 2004.

1. Nightingale_zero

Nightingale_zero What's a Dremel?

I am not sure if this is the right section for this but anyhow I just built a dual optie setup and I am making waterblocks for them in shop class. I want to do a gundam seed theme with my aspire X-dreamer and I was thinking of adding two sections to accomadate the water cooling (put on section on top for the heat core and fans, and another section the case will sit on housing a reservoir and pump). I am not sure how to pull off the gundam theme I am looking for though unless I just get a model and put it on top and make the case look like the Archangel. Creative input is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Dennis Trubisky

2. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

welcome and good luck :dremel: making blocks is no wasy task by far, pleease post pictures using photobucket or somthing similar. [hijack]/there seems to be alot more new people every day is there a recuting station :hehe: [endhijack]/

3. Nightingale_zero

yeah the water blocks aren't going to be easy but hopefully I will have them done by next monday or else I will be screwed unless my shop teacher lets me come in a couple days after the end of the school year to finish it.

4. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

ok so how about some gundam pics, modles that u would like to encorperte, even a napkin sketch pictures will make people post more :thumb:

5. Nightingale_zero

Well this is the gundam model I was planning to use if I go through with the case. Here are some anime pics of the gundam and of the archangel as well. Not sure if I want to use a 1/100 freedom or the 1/60. Not sure if I want to go with the archangel color scheme or the Dominion scheme. Plus I also have a Chieftec case that might be the victim since its already stripped down. But things are bound to change of course.

model-http://makorin7857.hp.infoseek.co.jp/images/1-60-FREEDOM/P6160019.JPG

Anime Gundam-http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/zgmf-x10a.htm

Archangel-http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/archangel.htm

6. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

ahh a gundam fan, great to see there out there

ok a few things

a) 1/60 models are pretty huge if youve never seen on in person, they are about 13 inches tall, so fitting one in a case is really gonna be tough, so will a 1/100 model ( you might be stuck with using a 1/144 model)

Second i dont know what parts of your case your gonna be doing, but if your gonna do your entire case in a gundam fashion it might turn cheesy :p

A few ideas I was thinking about was making a mobile suit hangar inside your computer

you could choose from two scenes, a) the scene in the first episode when the strike gundam is rising ( you could use some orange leds and whatnot to recreate flames ) or b) you could do a the hanger where the Freedom was being stored ( use some white led's as spotlights).

As for the exterior of the case, maybe some warning signs, and some relevant decals might help

If you want to talk to really great people who know their gundam models go to [Child of Mecha youll have to register but its worth the effort

Check out FicthenFoo's work its incredible

7. Nightingale_zero

Actually I own a 1/60 PG grade and about 10 other gundams. I was also considering the hanger idea and I guess it wouldn't be horrible hard to pull off but not sure how I would fit anything inside the case. I was thinking of sitting it ontop and making the case like the archangel but that would look pretty cheesy after thinking about it. best bet seems the freedom hanger scene though.

8. WaZzUp115

WaZzUp115 What's a Dremel?

w000

im making a gundam seed case!! :dremel:
    >> In This thread :p
    the project was dead for a while but now iwe started working again :eek:
    gl hf! :thumb:

Last edited: 17 Jun 2004
  9. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

This shouldn't really be in project logs... this forum is for projects getting underway and with constant intended work (which should be documented here).

Best of luck with your mod of course :)

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

correct you are :thumb:
    and off to modding we go

if this turns into a project log at some point in the future it can be moved back

11. Nightingale_zero

Yeah I realized that after I skimmed the rules after seeing a similar thread that got moved so sry for that mess. Also I have 3pcs of 1/4 polycarbonate coming for the case editions and reservoir I just need some cement to start if anyone has any recommendations on some and where to get it. I need good strong bonds that are watertight. Also I decided I am going to try and cram a 1/144 Meteor in the edition if I have enough polycarbonate to make the enclosure other wise I may just go with a 1/100 or the plan 1/60. It will have white cold cathodes shinning on the model to accent it and I am thinking of passing wires and maybe a 1/4 water cooling tube to it (capped off or feeding back into a reservoir) to look like its refueling or charging or getting more hydraulic fluid or something. I guess I will see what I can do once the polycarbonate gets here next week and if I don't have enough its back to ebay. Amazingly though I got 3pcs of 6 7/8x48"x1/4" for 7.99 plus 8.99 shipping so I can't comlain on that deal. Another thing I am considering is to dismantle the case I have and flip the main chassis around so that the motherboard is on the left side of the case and so the window is facing me and then I will put a logo or something on the other side. Maybe the zaft flag cut out on the side would be good if I can find a picture of one (can't remember if they showed the flag but I guess I better review my files). and then somewhere I should put the model number of the suit ZGMF-X10A.

12. Nightingale_zero

Ok I have two major thing two decide on before I can plan any further on this project and thats either to use my new X-dreamer or my Chieftec. My chieftec is already partially hacked up and its not in use so I am starting to lean towards using it and modding ducts in the front to get rid of that pain in the arse grill thing. The only other thing I have to choose on is which gundam to go with (1/144 meteor or 1/60 Freedom which are both huge). Either way I will probably illuminate the figures eyes, verniers and such. I can begin contruction on something when my plastic gets here so I will start a new tread with pictures later. Also I think for the empty panel I will paint or dremel out the Zaft (or PLANT) symbol that looks like two triangles stacked tip to tip with a line running through them and then put ZAFT in big letters. I am not sure if you know what I mean by the Zaft symbol but I can't find any pictures and I ma just going by what I see on the soldiers shoulder patches.