1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Handing out product details?

Discussion in 'General' started by Canon, 19 Oct 2011.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

Hi there, an eBay customer has recently contacted me requesting the PID, M/N etc for a product I have listed, he claims he requires them due to many fraudulent, replica, knock off listings etc.

Not knowing much about it I was wandering, is there anything bad that could come of me handing out this information, such as him/her registering the product to claim something? Or should I go ahead?

Thanks.

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

As long as no serial numbers are handed over I see no way of him registering the product in question. PID (Product ID I think?) just gives which product it is and M/N I'm not sure (manufacturer number?) shouldn't let him do anything.

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

It's for a keyboard, but he's expecting to pay £110 for it. The problem is, I've never heard of a knockoff G19, infact I know it would be impossible for Chinese manufacturers to replicate the embedded linux computer without it being immediately obvious.

That's why I'm concerned. Thanks.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

An odd request, copied G19s, really? But yeah, as long as you don't give out the serial number then I can't see a way for him to do anything nefarious. Just give him basic details like the product ID. That should be enough.