1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harry potter anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by Arkuden, 22 Jul 2005.

1. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

Counter Theory:
    I agree that Dumbeldore is probably dead, but not that Harry is a Horcrux. If Voldemort had made Harry a horcrux, he wouldn't wouldn't have tried to kill him. Of course, he may have wanted to use Harry's death to make a horcrux, but when he tried, it backfired, and almost killed him instead. I believe that the reason that Dumbledore froze Harry when Malfoy confronted him, was because he knew Harry would have killed him; and as it explained in the book, when you kill someone, it damages your soul. Dumbledore said that Voldemort underestimates the power of an untarnished soul. I believe that it the way that Harry will have to power to destroy Voldemort. Also I think that Ginny will not give up Harry so easily, and we'll see her back in the next book.

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Voldemort might not know that Harry is a horcrux. Dumbledore agreed that Harry's death would certainly be considered important enough to use for the horcrux requirement. If Voldemort does know, he is certainly vain enough to kill Harry so that Harry isn't walking around with part of his soul.

Exactly. Harry would have interfered and Dumbledore knew this. at one point in the book, Hagrid overheard Snape and Dumbledore arguing. Dumbledore was telling Snape that he "had to go through with it," that "he agreed to do it." Dumbledore knew what had to happen, and letting Snape back out or allowing Harry to interfere would have ruined Snape's double-agent status. Dumbledore is dead, but I'm sure someone in the Order was informed of the events (possibly Dumbedore's brother over at the Hogshead Inn?)

I completely agree!

3. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Ok - read it after my girlfriend did (had to wait more than a week though :( )

Very interesting ideas in here.

What about the possibility that
    Dumbledore was a Horcrux and either knew it or strongly suspected it. HWMNBN (He Who Must Not Be Named) would have thought that making Dumbledore a Horcrux would have meant that Dumbledore would never have been able to defeat him because he would be afraid of his own death.

Just an idea -

4. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

damn intresting idea but you would think that he would have spotted it before

5. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Yeah - and there's another problem with it too:

Supposedly HWMNBN sent Malfoy to Kill Dumbledore.... But it also suggests that he knew he was going to fail and/or wanted him to fail.

I don't believe that hogwarts will be closed in the next book, or if it is, there will be an 8th book. If hogwarts is still open, who will be the next headmaster? Professor McGonnagal?

Also - they might never say in the books, but what do you think Harry's future jobs might be? Arourer? Ministry? Teacher? Teacher then Headmaster?

One more thing - I really want to check out the stuff in George and Fred's shop.

6. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

you make a great argument about HWMNBN. personally i would love to see a spinoff. like tng was to startrek so we can see more of the potter world.

as for his job, i think he should be the new conductor of the night bus! but i think he is going to be a undercover arourer ninja!

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I got it in TEsco for £4.99 in hardback!

Anyway... currently reading The Alegbraist by Iain M Banks... now there's a proper book!