1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone had any probs with XP1700+'s?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FL@MeS, 19 Feb 2002.

1. FL@MeS

FL@MeS What's a Dremel?

as title says has anyone had any probs with XP1700+'s?

im getting one real soon, does it need any additional cooling, my current rig runs @ around 45 > 50 degrees, so how hot will it be?

i have a GlobalWIN FOP-38 + YS-TECH 6025, but my case is plastic with no intakes.... :(, im getting whole new case soon... :D

cheers,

2. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

A plastic case with no fans....

Your name may be more apt than you realise.

I had an FOP38, which I replaced with an Alpha PAL8045 very soon after I got my Athlon. The Alpha is cooler, and a lot quieter than that horrendous fan on the FOP38. Depends on whether your motherboard can take it or not though.

I don't know what your current rig is, but you should aim to keep it under 40C if possible (I can keep my TBird in the low 40s, and that's putting out more power than Palominos tend to). You will definately need a better HSF and case cooling to achieve this.

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

ive had no problems so far (touch wood) with my 1700+, the only things i have done is up the voltage a bit and put the fsb @ 140 and it runs fine. :)

4. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

just out of curiousity (and to cover my own arse because I plan to pick up a 1700+ myself) what mobo do you have, or are going to have with that?

5. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

i got a KR7A-R which helps with stability over el-cheapo boards

6. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

I got my XP1700+ unlocked by the supplier ;) Im running it on a Soyo Dragon mobo with a swiftech MCX462 cooler with Mechatronics fan. Even under 100% cpu load (running the UD agent cancer research program ;) ) the cpu never goes above 40deg c :D I love my XP! hehe
    I also have a crappy plastic case tho - and have to run it with the side panel off otherwise it would probably melt :p

7. FL@MeS

FL@MeS What's a Dremel?

i have an MSI KT7266 with latest bios update, so it will handle it...

you dont think my FOP-38 will handle it?

also i said i have no intakes, but two outakes directly from the CPU.....

and i also said that i have removed the Delta Black Label from the FOP-38, so my ear-drums are intact.....

and im getting whole new case soon.... wheres hardware monitor, ill send CPU temps when i restart.. they should help

8. FL@MeS

FL@MeS What's a Dremel?

soz if that sounded rude, i didn't post the first question v. well ;)