1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hawken gets launch date, beta programme

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 7 Feb 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt New Member

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I hate this Freeplay model that gives you the most basic access to the game, then hides the true cost using micro-transactions. Didn't Bit do something a while ago regarding the total cost of micro-transactions if you were to buy everything that was available? I seem to remember the total cost of ownership for some games ran into the £hundreds?

If the game is good, whats wrong with charging £30 - £35 for it?

Edit: Found it.... http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/09/19/the-microtransaction-investigation/1

Last edited: 7 Feb 2012
  3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It look's like it will be a good game but I have to agree with B1gbud the micro transaction system seems abit stupid but who knows it might be limited to only a few item's costing very little.

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I thought the same about the free to play model when I heared about it in the forum the other day. I personally would much prefer to just buy a copy.

5. AyexeM

AyexeM New Member

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Game play videos look sweet!!

So long as a player can still earn the same paid for content over time through experience/kills without having to purchase, I wouldn't mind. I guess we will have to wait for more details on it for now.

7. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I guess they don't have enough confidence in the quality of the game so it's "free to play"

8. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits New Member

I don't know anything about the quality, but the gameplay looks very bad to me.

Tags: Add Tags