1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals headphone recommendation?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silk186, 24 Aug 2015.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

Looking at a pair of earbuds and over the ear when I go to China.
    I will replace the wire for my Shure se250 but want an extra pair so my fiance can use one set at the gym

Thinking to pick up a set of Sony EX650AP

are the AP as good as the non-AP or are they the same things?
    I've read that this is a recommended set

Over the ear would be ATH-M50x
    this AT set seems to have been recommend for the past few years (the m50 version)
    Sennheiser 598 are also recommended but they are too ugly.
    What other models should I consider?

They will be used mostly for movies and gaming. In the winter I will probably use them for music/ear muffs plugged into my phone. I don't want anything that would require me to buy a DAC.
    I will be moving to a shared flat so I will need to wear headphones more often.
    I don't mind open if it will give better sound.

2. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

I will be buying them in China as they would be much cheaper and ebay wouldn't offer a warranty. I will look into those two models.

4. Deders

Deders Modder

Make sure you don't get fakes, Looking at the Amazon reviews for the Sony EX650's, most people got the good ones but a lot of people seem to have received cheap rip off's.

5. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I have beige Sony MDR-1A. They are freaking amazing! Also they look stunning!

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

the Chinese ebay (taobao) is 100x better than ebay. With each purchase you rate the item and the seller. You can also see how many of that item they have sold recently and how many items they have sold in total. If you take your time it is fine. If never been cheated on taobao. If you walk into a random electronics shop you have to be careful if the price is too good to be true. Taobao is pretty safe if you sort by top sellers. They also have a good return policy.

8. megadelayed

megadelayed What's a Dremel?

I quite like the Beyer DT770 250ohm that I have now,when I first just got them I was like WTF these are very average, but after a few weeks my ears must have adjusted to them and they sound fantastic and are very comfortable, but you do need to keep the felt covers clean or replace them with the gel/leather ones. Brought them in a sale on Amazon for £89.

9. Bhuvsta

Bhuvsta Minimodder

ATH-M50 user here. I enjoy them greatly.