1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling HELP!!!! high temps after reformat!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by B.Psycho8, 30 Aug 2004.

1. B.Psycho8

B.Psycho8 What's a Dremel?

This isn't an extreme cooling question, but it is definately a colling question. I recently reformated my hard drive and everything seems to be fine, except for my temperatures are way higher then before. Before my temps reached a max of 52 after 1hr of full load and 40 idle. Im running a 3.0GHz p4 northwood and its not even overclocked atm, and a zalman cnps7000. Now, even idle I have temps around 49C and load i just got 58 :wallbash: . The only other thing that has changed, is i have moved from an air-conditioned house no a non air-conditioned house, but i dont see how this could be the problem :waah: . I really need help with this one, i have NO idea whatsoever what could be wrong :confused:
    -much thanks in advance

Last edited: 30 Aug 2004
  2. dom_

dom_ --->

where are you getting the temps from?
    as if you formatted and are now using a different monitor for your temps this could be it.
    also you said you moved to a non aircon house. if the ambient temperature around the case is higher then the case temps will go up.

3. B.Psycho8

getting temps from MBM5, and its about 27C, 80 farenheight, but could that really make this much of a difference??? Oh ya, the other computer I brought with me to this house from the previous one has no change in CPU temperature :(
    btw thnx for the quick reply

4. dom_

dom_ --->

so your using the same software and other computer is fine.. ok that cuts out software and ambient temps...
    ermm during the move could the heatsink on the cpu have come out of position? have you tried re-positioning it? also is just the cpu temp up or the case temp too?

5. B.Psycho8

I havn't tried repositioning the heasink, but I'll try that tomorrow. The case temp is up aswel, but I assume that is simply becuase of the ambient temperature. any other possibilities???

6. Simonsnet

Simonsnet What's a Dremel?

I'd agree with dom_. Reseat your cpu with some new arctic silver compound and cross your fingers. I must admit that I've had this happen a few times. Damn frustrating and to be honest I often never find the source of the problem.

7. B.Psycho8

I resat the cpu and heatsink with some new arctic silver, and it helped a little but my temps are still high :waah: anyone else had this problem and know of another solution?

8. dom_

dom_ --->

sorry you have gone as far as my knowledge :)
    all i can think of is update bios

9. B.Psycho8

HAH i fixed it cuz im just so 1337. :worried: actually it kinda fixed itself, just got cooler out of nowhere. I think originally it might of had something to do with the ambient temp. but its all better now.
    thanks for the input guys :D

Tags: