1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Help me figure out this diagram!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ensellitis, 20 Nov 2004.

1. ensellitis

ensellitis What's a Dremel?

2. kobaj

kobaj Banned

Its relativly simple,to me but you I would just not do it, I mean if you dont ven understand a schimatic.Sorry to disapoint you,but maybey you could get someone here to make you one then mail it to you.For a price.

3. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

The 47k and 100k rectangles are resistors, check here if they have colorful rings http://www.electrician.com/resist_calc/resist_calc.htm . The unmarked rectangles in the schematic are the 220 Ohm resistors mentioned in the text.

The 30uF indicate a capacitor. Watch for the + sign on the case and connect it accordingly. Most likely you will have a 15V cap, perhaps 50V, but that's fine.

The multi-legged mutant roach is the IC. Note the tiny half circle at the top in the schematic. You should find it on the actual device too, or a little printed dot which corresponds to the top left in the schematic.

The arrows pointing at lines in the schematic are the LEDs. Check here for polarity http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/data/pinout/led.htm .

To identify the legs of the transistors you need the datasheets. Emitter (E) is marked by the arrow in the schematic. Base (B) is marked by the flat line. Collector (C) is the last leg.

The two circles are the battery contacts. Watch for polarity when you hook it up.

4. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

5. Bloody_Sorcerer

Bloody_Sorcerer What's a Dremel?

if you can't read the schematic, you won't be able to build it :nono:
    just google around a bit and learn up on your electronics before trying anything :)

6. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

That's a very nice and clearly marked schematic. If you have trouble understanding it, spend a little bit of time researching to bring yourself up to speed. Bit-tech has several guides for electronics. Once you can recognize the components in the schematic, then I suggest you buy the components and get a breadboard (the article uses one), so that you can make this circuit without soldering. Follow nick01 advise while putting it together. You should do fine. have fun!

7. Who_me_33

Who_me_33 What's a Dremel?

It uses an ic. Probably static sensitive. Not the easiest way to start. If you are lucky you might know some one who would make it for you. And if you do, there will be some one with the expertise to do that, (its not an overly complex in the way circuits go, but would look a lot beter done on a pcb, an no longer have access to those facilites). And due to my location in the world, it is not practical for me to do it, due to shipping costs. But thanks for the link, i must try it.