1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me identify this mobo!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ds3, 20 Jul 2004.

1. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Ok, just had my new mobo delivered. I ordered it under the impression it was a standard Abit IC7, not the IC7-G. It was a b-grade product, hence it hasn't come with any leads, drivers, manuals etc that might help identify it for sure. It clearly says IC7 on the motherboard, however on the chip in the bottom left it also has a sticker that clearly says IC7-G. Also, it has a LAN port and I was under the impression the standard IC7 does not have on board LAN. So, which is it? IC7 or IC7-G? Cheers for any help :)

[​IMG]

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I'm lazy atm, but isnt the G usually "graphics", as in on board graphics?
    Although, i didnt think there was a IC7 with onboardgfx, so, i think its just a regular IC7

3. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

4. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Ah but the Max 3 is an even higher model, there are three models, the IC7, the IC7-G and the IC7 Max 3. I ordered expecting the lowest model, the IC7, however because of the sticker and the fact it has onboard LAN which the IC7 doesn't, I can only presume it's the middle model, the IC7-G. It definately isn't the Max 3 though :) That chart you are looking at doesn't even show the details for the standard IC7, but if you look here you will see the full range of models:

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/

@ Shadowfx, no the G indicates it's the next model up in the range - none of them have on board gfx :)

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The 'G' is for 'Gigabit' Lan. :idea:

6. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

The NF7-S has "NF7" written where yours has "IC7", and a sticker over that chip saying "NF7-S" - so I think that's probably the higher model ;) Check the top of the LAN port too, the gigabit ones frequently have the fact engraved on the metal.

7. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

It has G-Tech on the top of the LAN connector which is kinda close to gigabit lol. I pretty convinced its the higher model now, about time I got something out of overclockers instead of them screwing me over :D £45 + vat for the IC7-G, can't complain :)