1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding HELP ME. LCD Interface questions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pflumingo, 26 Aug 2002.

1. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Alright, I came across a couple of Noritake VFDs, and I wanna use them to make a simple display for stats etc. They had been used in Telephones (the expensive Lucent/ATT/Avaya/whatever they call themselves today) I have a few of these, and thought they were pretty cool..

I have 40x2 displays, and no serial interface. I need to know what to do (circuit diagram, Kit, or interface board) to make it work with LCDC. I haven't done much of this, and I figured one of you MUST have SOME experience with this... I know that it is HD44780 compatible, and I know the pinouts/instructions for Parallel interface, but I want to use it with LCDC, which supports only Serial... Whatta I gotta do??? PLEASE HELP

P.S. I have no fear of creating my own circuit, my iron and I are intimate...

2. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

3. Pflumingo

Sorry, No Go... That article shows how to connect it to a parallel interface, And I know how to do that... I need to interface to Serial...
    Please

4. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Which displays do you have? Give me product codes...

r.

5. Pflumingo

CU40025scpb-u1a

6. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Ok you'll need an rs232 - parallel convertor, and noritake's own is pretty good. See the top of here http://www.noritake-itron.com/SubPages/vfmodint.htm

You can order straight from Noritake, just send an email to their sales email addie (sales@noritake-itron.com).

Cheers,

Rob.

7. Pflumingo

Thanks... Not to let them return my mail, I hope it's not like $50, I was hoping to get done on the cheap this time...

8. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Oops you're in america! You should contact the american branch of Noritake - http://www.noritake-elec.com/

It's about $25 if I remember correctly which is about standard for serial controllers (and the noritake one has some nice features and was designed for your displays!).

Cheers,

Rob.

9. Pflumingo

Oops... I emailed the other one... Guess I'll have to try again...