1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Help Me set up internet.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fatboy, 12 Apr 2002.

1. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I have installed my modem blah blah and put n my dialup number and username blah blah blah but my modem connects to the isp and verifys password . But after it has sent and received a few hundred bytes of data , no data is sent between me and the ISP or vice versa. PLease help , having no home internet is like murder. :sigh: :cries:

2. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

this would probably be better in networking * comms.... moving :)

3. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Try pinging an ip outside such as 195.149.21.11 if that returns a reply then try pinging www.jolt.co.uk which the ip address above. Now if that doesn't work then your dns is not working or your dns settings are wrong. I've had similar problems with the dns crapping out, yes you've guess my isp is good old bto. Why oh why did I go back to bt?

4. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Another thing to do is check that you are not withholding your number when dialling as this will allow you to connect but not pass through any data...
    To check this, dial your mobile from your home and see if it comes up with your number or just says call. If it is the latter chances are that you are withholding your number. If so, put 1470 before your dialup number to solve the problem.

Tags: