1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Help needed with wiring buttons

Discussion in 'Modding' started by pogonoforysci, 15 Aug 2012.

1. pogonoforysci

pogonoforysci What's a Dremel?

Hi, I'm an absolute noob to pc modding. I'm preparing for my first project which will be a simple scratch build case for an xbox 360 (sits in the corner gathering dust so I might as well do some experiments on it to learn something). For the purpose of the build I will have to wire a couple of custom switches. That's where the problem comes - I was looking at the available case switches and most of them are the vandal resistant type with 4-6 pins on the back.

How to I wire those things (explanation for pc will still be useful for me)? I can understand when there are 2 pins - in that case switch just breaks the circuit (but those switches are the micro switch type that are not meant to be used as an 'outer' visible button), but have no clue about the 4-6 pin ones? I presume that some of the pins are to power the led in the switch?

2. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

3. pogonoforysci

pogonoforysci What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I'll have one more question but I'll need to make some pictures to explain what I mean