1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals help wanted to replace a key switch in an ergodox

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arsenicserenade, 30 Jun 2017.

1. arsenicserenade

arsenicserenade What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

i've gotten my ergodox and i've managed to screw a key switch that now needs replacing.
    Im trying to find a place (preferably in London) that can do this kind of replacement as my skills are not that great and im lacking the tools.

Does anyone know anything about repair places that can do this kind of work ?

Cheers

2. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Hi there!

Which ergodox is it and what switch type are you using?

I live in the midlands, but would be happy to do it if someone else can't. They are not hard to do. All you would need is a soldering iron and a replacement switch really. (a desoldering pump or soldering wick would be ideal too)

Although, if you have none of that, postage to and from me (or someone else) would likely be cheaper.

3. arsenicserenade

4. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_30546.html <-- you can buy one or two from there and delivery would likely be quicker. I might have a few spares kicking around here too actually, I would have to check, If I do, I don't mind sending you a co

PCB mount just means that there are 2 plastic barbs on the bottom of the switch that can be cut off if you are plate mounting, so don't worry about them. I will have a look at the Ergodox EZ. I have an Infinity Ergodox but mine is the one you assemble yourself. Yours shouldn't be too hard to do though unless the switches are through a midplate which would require desoldering all of the switches just to get at the single 1.

5. arsenicserenade

sounds awesome, thanks for your help. Ill order those so i can have some here as well and will ping you again

Tags: