1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Help with a switch

Discussion in 'Modding' started by boardsportsrule, 28 May 2005.

1. boardsportsrule

boardsportsrule What's a Dremel?

ok, i have this radio converter( converts a headphone signal into radio frequencies) but any ways, i have rewired it, so that i have two power sources, and an off switch, but the board has an on and off button too. i think its a momentary switch as when it's pressed the unit turns on..then if i disconnect power and reconnect power its off. so how can i make it turn on whenever i connect power? if i were to just solder the switch closed wouldnt it turn on and off continuously? i just tried pressing the button and keeping it pressed down, and when it was off, it didnt turn on until i let go, and when it was on it didnt turn off until i let go...thanks for any help! :)

2. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

Maybe that switch is hooked up to a one-shot then a flip-flop.

You will probably have to isolate the flip-flop and, depending on what kind of flip-flop it is, set it so the active on signal is true when power is first applied.

Try tracing the route of the switch and tell us where it leads to.

3. boardsportsrule

boardsportsrule What's a Dremel?

umm..so yea, im not exactly a noob but im not advanced by any means..whatcha mean by trace the routes, i can look at the PCB and see whats up, but im not sure how to interperate the resualts....