1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with foling on dual Xeon E5520 2.27ghz

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by SuperCrazyMark, 15 Apr 2010.

1. SuperCrazyMark

SuperCrazyMark Putting the 'chee' in cheese

Hello,
    I have just got an HP Proliant DL380 G6 with dual Xeon E5520 2.27ghz procs...

I want to set it up folding and assume that SMP is the way to go?

Does anyone have a set of nice instructions on how I would go about setting this up for max PPD please?

-SuperCrazyMark

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

If it's just for folding then running the bigadv units on linux would give the most ppd

3. SuperCrazyMark

Its a server for work. I have got it just to run SQL 2008. Currently we only have 5 or 6 small databases on it so i figured i'd use the spare proc to fold... Its got Windows 2008 R2 64bit.

I'm currently following the SMP guide on the stanford site and assume that I go through the motions twice and change the machine ID?

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I that case I'd just install the SMP client the run it with the -smp 16 (or however many cores you want to give it) option

5. SuperCrazyMark

Ah, so I only install 1 instance of SMP and put -smp 16 after the shortcut? That makes more sense....

Although its not going very well as it crashes at random time throughout the install :miffed: