1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC Help with TV tuner card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Samurai75007, 16 Nov 2005.

1. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

Sorry I run on and have bad spelling grammar and don’t pause for breaths. I don’t know if I should post this here or not so if it need's to be moved ok. I picked up a cheep Norwood Micro PCI TV tuner. I plug what I thought was everything in and it play's but no sound so then I put my speaker cable into the out on the external audio cable / multi video cable. This act gives me sound to my speakers. Thinking nothing more of it I go to test record a tv show. I am like cool now were working and get the show back at the end and yep no sound... so I open up my computer and see there is a connection that should go to the motherboard. I don’t know the name of this interface but it’s on every CD/DVD player and on the motherboard it’s called an on board audio connector. I connect the card and motherboard to each other and start her up. Now I can get sound through the onboard sound but when I try to record its only video but no sound. Now I am thinking that this cable that go's between the motherboard and the tv tuner card has three cables where there is room for four, I am thinking this may be the problem. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or if I should take it in to work to see if anyone knows how to fix it since we have a teck shop.

2. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Are you using the video input (composite/svideo) or the coax input?
    For a coax input, your software has some problems. It could be trying to save an audio stream that does not exist. Are there choices for the MPEG audio stream to use? I know that on my PC, I can choose between several streams. The main stream would be English while the others could be other languages or secondary surround channels.

For a video input, did you also connect the audio lines? The video line only carries video. Use an RCA to 3.5mm adapter to plug the audio lines into the sound card.

3. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

Thank's for your hellp, I was looking at some of the program's on my computer then see that I am missing my sound drivers and install that and now it work's... thanks alot star882!!!

4. djindal

djindal What's a Dremel?

No sound using coax (RF) input on Norwood TV tuner Card

I just purchased and installed the same Norwood TV tuner card, gave it the RF cable input (no other connections since I suppose the RF should include both audio and viedo). No sound when I try to watch the TV.

I don't see any external socket for the external audi cables they had supplied.
    I don't see any socket inside on the card that I can connect to the mother board or elsewhere. I have no problems in listening to CD or any other audio files on my computer.

How do I find if I am missing some sound drivers and how do I then install them? Do I need to add any connections besides the RF for audio?

Please help.

djindal@lucent.com

5. Zach

Zach What's a Dremel?

last tv card i owned had a line out on the tv card which u was meant to connect to the line in of ure pc, which resulted in sound.

6. seebul

seebul Minimodder

same with mine :thumb:

7. Salpiche

Salpiche What's a Dremel?

sound drivers

What sound drivers were you missing?

8. David Chupurdia

David Chupurdia What's a Dremel?

Could I get some Help?

Hi guys! Im looking for the norwood micro PCI TV tuner software. Could anybody sent it to me via my email address? Please?
    Thanks in advance!
    D_Chupurdia@yahoo.com

9. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Have a look here... you might just find what your looking for.

Tags: