1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster help with water

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tec_, 3 Mar 2009.

1. Tec_

Tec_ New Member

i got my first water cooling rig up and running, the first time i powered up there was a small leak. i fixed it and powered back up and another leak..... if you cant tell ware im going with this, i ended up with a catastrophic failure and had to re run and terminate all of my tubing. this fixed all my leaks, and i learned the importance of a drain line. i ended up wasting the better part of a bottle of pc ice

but she is up and running, every thing is working like it should, but there are a crazy amount of bubbles in the line still, they are slowly filtering out through the fill port, but it dosent look like its putting much of a dent in them. wondering what i can expect seeing as ive never done this before and wondering if there are any tricks to getting rid of them.

also i found out that my EK-FC4870 dose not fit my asus 4870 so if you want to buy it second hand and never used let me know.

i know im forgetting something, but im under a time crunch this thing has to be done by Wednesday

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You forgot pics.:D Have you tried stopping the pump for a minute, and re-starting. I take it you have a T-line instead of a reservoir? They are bad about this. Also -do not bleed the loop by powering up the computer!!!! Have a separate power source to run the pump from. That way you don't fry anything, and you can switch the pump on and off without freaking anything out.
    I know this is probably obvious to you, but you never know who's reading.:D

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

The bubbles are entirely normal with a new loop, and with a t-line setup it's going to take a while to get them out; let it run overnight or however long it takes for them to work their way out of the loop.

But that's secondary to the leak issue, obviously.

If you had pics, it'd make this a lot easier. What kind and size of barbs you are using, kind and size of tubing, etc. I'd really propose ditching the PC Ice if you can help it; less than par solution IMHO, but if it needs to be done by tomorrow I'd say you're out of options.

4. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Agree on the need for pics, along with scrapping the PC Ice.

As far as running the loop without powering anything else, I tend to use this method:

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/ps/ps4.htm

Connect only what you need to (just the pump, generally) to the power supply and away you go!