1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Help with watercooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jack, 8 Jan 2005.

1. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Hi guys

Ive recently installed a watercooling setup and TBH havent found it to be very good :p, i mean i told the guy it would be silent? and its rather loud!!?

For starter's the thing sound's like an electric chip pan fryer? if you get what i mean, oddly there are no air bubbles in the system only a slight 1 within the res? im thinking that the pump may be a bit powerfull for the res and is sucking parts of that air buble around the system??? but i cant pyhsically see that??

the next thing is the whinny noise the DD12V pump makes its louder than a 80mm fan, is this the norm for this pump? if so what pump would be better?

2. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

hi
    you need to post some details of your cooling set up so people can advise you. i dont have one of those pumps but i understand that they are a bit noisy. it may be worth conecting it to a fan controler and turn it down a bit. but do keep an eye on the temps!

3. Jack

Jack Minimodder

DD A64 RBX
    Maze 4 GPU
    Black ice extreme rad
    Criticool Waterplant

Pump at base - rad on the top - RBX - Maze4 - Res on the floor next to pump

thats how the flow's going

4. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

hmmm, maybe you can cover the pump in foam so you cant hear it as good/

5. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

I've had the whooshing bubbly noise for awhile... there was just air in the system. After a week of topping it up alittle it's gone now.

As for the pump... you really have to make sure it's not touching the case. I've got a couple of rubber mounting isolation screw things to keep mine in (couple of quid down the local DIY shop). Other people just put foam underneth theirs (which is an idea I'm thinking of stealing!)

6. Jack

Jack Minimodder

indeed it does sound like there are air bubbles within the system but believe me this comp has been shaked flipped 360 degres and none can be left? As said the only but of air is within the res and im kinda guessing the pumps sucking bit of that out around the loop?

As for the pump im not sure if you know the pump im talking about! but tbh it has a 1cm layer of foam and is mounted with rubber washer on the bolts?

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well why don't you enlighten us? ;) But I would guess we are talking about the Laing D4 here? The older versions are a bit noisy, but this has been improved in the modified, newer versions.

8. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Internal or external mods for the pump? aka something we can diy

9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

10. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

The very one :thumb:

That's a MKII which are a lot quieter than the original ones but they do still have like a high pitch weeeeeeeeeeeee sound.

Very powerful though.

Not sure what they actually did to quieten them down

Tags: